Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: What middle name sounds best with Annika?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Annika Temperence

7 9.09%
  • Annika Harriet

9 11.69%
  • Annika Hazel

38 49.35%
  • Annika Jonquil (this will be her birth flower)

13 16.88%
  • Annika Nell

10 12.99%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Annika

I really love Annika Jonquil. I just have to convince my DH. He's not a fan of Jonquil as a name at all. I was so excited when I figured out it would be her birth flower. It's my mom and grandma's favorite flower and they line the road that I grew up on. I just think it would be so cool to use it as her MN. DH is stuck on Annika Temperence though. Actually, he prefers Temperence as the FN.
    Annika Hazel I really like as well, but I've also thought that the two names kind of run together. The "fusty old ladyness" of Hazel doesn't bother me. I think it matches up with Grover pretty well. Thank you for all the comments!
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Temperance, Gwendolyn Lucille, Jessamyn Hazel, Charleston Hawk, Harrison Ambrose, Thompson Conrad

I voted Annika Hazel. Annika is one of my favorite names, it's so beautiful.

I love Grover! Annika needs a middle name to match Grover's funky-clunky-spunky vibe. Harriet or Temperance fits the bill. I don't get that vibe from Hazel, Nell, or Jonquil.

I'm torn between Annika Harriet and Annika Temperance. Since Temperance feels more 1780s than 1880s, I'll vote for Annika Harriet. Benton Grover and Annika Harriet are excellent together if you ask me.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

@southern.maple Annika Harriet was the first combo I came up with and my DH and I both like it. It's especially cool and special to us because his grandma's name is Harriet Ann. I really wanted to name this baby Harriet if it's a girl, but we can't because in combination with our last name she'd be likely to be ridiculed. I don't think it will matter so much in the MN spot though. Thanks for your input!
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Temperance, Gwendolyn Lucille, Jessamyn Hazel, Charleston Hawk, Harrison Ambrose, Thompson Conrad

Honestly, I am not loving any of these combinations. The flow is off with all of them except for Nell (which I don't like). I do like Annika Harriet, but feel it doesn't flow really well. Love the family connection though. How about:

Annika Jane
    Annika Claire
    Annika Wren
    Annika Blythe

I think a shorter middle name would be better with such a long first name. I would love to see Anne Harriet!