Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A brother for Maverick Ace

We are expecting a new little boy to be arriving in November.

The only name that we have ever agreed upon is Maverick Ace, which we named our son three years ago.

My SO is set on Beau (which I can't stand) and I am set on Brantley (that my SO can't stand)

Help us please! We're looking for something different (but not TOO different) and our last name is Woodcock (so you have to be careful with that one...)

TIA!

Maverick Ace makes quite a statement, so I think his brother's name should too. Some of these are more out there, some aren't.

Ranger
    Noble
    Hawk
    Cash
    Blaze
    Levi
    Crew
    Jarvis
    Cannon
    Cooper
    Finn
    Mace
    Colt
    Mack
    Troy
    Judd
    Grant
    Wyatt
    Jethro
    Jared
    Ransom
    Thor
    Leo
    Phoenix
    Bridger
    Jackson
    Logan
    Eli
    Brant
    Wesley
    Weston
    Apollo
    Gabriel
    Zane
    Jake
    Eric
    River
    Isaac
    Luke
    Rex
    Evan
    Kingston
    Justice
    Patrick
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Those are a lot of good suggestions. I too would recommend Bridger, Grant, and Kingston. I'd be careful choosing another word name if it's obviously a word (Maverick and Justice or even Maverick and Cannon might make my eyes roll a little, but Maverick and Crew is a little more subtle without losing its cool). Between Beau and Brantley, what about...

Bryant
    Brannon
    Braxton
    Banning
    Breckin
    Brice/Bryce
    Barnes
    Barrett (nn Bear)
    Byron
    Brody
    Bodhi
    Beacon
    Boone
    Becker

Or for a match between old-fashioned, gentlemanly Beau and modern Brantley, what about...

Flynn
    Ripley
    Xander
    Heath
    Talon
    Cale
    Ryder or Ryker
    Griffin or Griffith
    Tate or Tatum

Bodhi seems like a good compromise between the two- though it may bother you that it has too much of the "beau" sound. What about Bowyn/Bowen or Booker. If you're not going for the B I liked the suggestions of Flynn, ransom, jethro, and mace
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop

Well at least you and your huz have one thing in common - you both like B names!

Many names that start with B for little guys have the potential of having the nn Bo (or Beau). Would you be able to allow your husband to have his own special nickname for his son, even if you couldn't stand it? Some options could be

Bowen
    Boone
    Booker
    Brody
    Baron
    Barlow
    Benson
    Benton
    Brendon
    Brandon
    Bolt, maybe Bolton (now this would be fun with Maverick!)
    Boden
    Boston
    Braxton
    Bridger
    Brooks
    Broderick
    Bronson
    Brogan

hope this helps!

xo Viv
    Mama bear to Rigby Harrison, Miller Thomas, Wren Charlotte Amity & Eloise Cleo Bellamy