Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Corbin too similar to Benton?

We have one son named Benton and we're expecting babe #2 in March. It's too early to know the gender yet (I'm thinking girl), but just in case it's a boy I'm considering some names. I really like Corbin Wolfe, but I'm worried that the Ben beginning of Benton and the bin ending of Corbin is too much. Some other names I like are....

Ransom Charles
    Adrian Ward
    Harrison Wolfe
    Willem Charles

Which one sounds best with Benton Grover? Any other suggestions?
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Temperance, Gwendolyn Lucille, Jessamyn Hazel, Charleston Hawk, Harrison Ambrose, Thompson Conrad

Benton and Corbin are a bit similar. I think they could work, but I like the idea of something a bit more distinctive. I think Benton and Willem would be great, style wise and everything. Harrison's my favorite of the bunch, though, and I do think Benton and Harrison would be great for brothers.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I don't think Benton and Corbin are too similar for brothers. True, they are both 2 syllables and end in N, but they're not loaded with similar sounds--that N is really all they have in common. (Edit: Duh, and the B, too--no matter. They're still okay as far as I'm concerned.) I think they would work.

Harrison is my favorite, though.

I don't think they're too similar

Adrian and Harrison are too common next to Benton. I like Ransom but not with Benton. Willem Charles is nice but Corbin Wolfe is the best

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

The "bin" in Corbin did stand out to me. I don't think that takes Corbin off the table, though.

Ransom Charles gets my vote.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine