Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Narrowing down the list...

So I've taken into consideration a lot of the feedback i've been given from the huge number of votes I got (vote here if you still would like to! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9829104) and i've narrowed it down. I've also been considering the middle name choices as a lot of people mentioned they didn't flow as well as they could, so i'd love some more suggestions!

For middle names, we really want to honor my mother Raewyn Kay. I had planned on using Rae as that's what she is known as, but i'm now also considering Wynne or Kay as well. The other option is my husband would really like to honor his grandmother, Rose Marguerite. We have a niece with the mn Rose already so would prefer a variant (my faves are Rosalie/Rosalia or Rosine), or perhaps Marguerite, Margaret or another variant. We also are considering 2 middle names to improve the overall flow.

For boys, Jameson is still the number 1 choice, but potentially could also consider James, Robert or John which are all family names. Once again, open to 2 middle names if it helps it flow better...

So the narrowed down list (as at now - will change 100 times probably!)

BOYS:

Asher
    Everett
    Harrison
    Elijah
    Sebastian
    Zachary
    Finley
    Weston
    Austin
    Jensen

GIRLS:

Adeline
    Isla
    Delilah
    Mila
    Sadie
    Calla
    Iris
    Aveline
    Danica
    Aven

In addition to the above, we also have Arwen which we are considering spelling as Arwyn thus including the 'wyn' portion honoring my mother in the first name. Not usually something i'm keen on changing spellings, but in this case it serves an honoring purpose so i'm ok with it. Other -wyn names we would be open to are Elwyn or Eowyn.

Some will notice none of the El- names (Eleanor, Elena, Elizabeth) made the new list... This is because as much as I ADORE these names, especially Eleanor, my fave nn for the El names is Ellie, and as the baby will have an Aunt Ally, its just to similar.
    Last edited by anniemarie; March 4th, 2013 at 03:54 AM.

I love a lot of the names on your list. The only ones that really stand out to me as feelings like they don't really flow or fit with the rest of the names on your list are Danica and Jensen.

My personal favorites are
    Asher
    Everett
    Sebastian
    Delilah
    Iris
    Calla
    and Aveline.

As for full names I really like Delilah Rae or Iris Margaret. for girls and Asher Jameson for a boy.
    If you want to use Wyn I think a really nice way to do that is Wynter. Possibly Iris Wynter or Aveline Wynter? Another great option for a Marguerite variation is Margo. I really like Sadie Margo. Arwyn Delilah is really pretty and Sebastian James has fantastic flow. I don't love the flow of Sebastian Jameson, I definitely think James works better with Sebastian. Aveline Iris Rae could really work if you want to go the three names route, but I don't think you HAVE to. I'm sort of obsessed with Iris Wynter, to be honest. I think it's classic with a little edge, perfectly feminine, and an all around great option as far as using a name you love and honoring your mother while maintaining good flow and putting together a strong name.
    Girls- Winter, Eden, Colette, River, Charlotte.
    Boys- Atticus, Eliot, Milo, Gideon, Malcolm.

From your boys list I like Everett & Sebastian best.
    For the girls I like Isla & Iris

Isla Rosalie Marguerite
    Iris Rosalie Marguerite
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Euphemia - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Hyacintha - Marigold - Ariadne - Sophronia - Crescentia - Thomasina - Apollonia - Romilda
    Amedeo - Casimir - Lancelot - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Nicodemus
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Tiberius - Romulus - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Yeah the reason Jensen & Danica don't really 'fit' is because they were hubbies additions to the lists, the rest of the names are mine...

Don't know if i love Wynter, but I have to admit the combo Iris Wynter is absolutely stunning.

Congrats!
    First, I'll list the boy names I like from your list:
    Asher
    Zachary
    Austin
    Jensen

The girls I like:
    Adeline
    Iris
    Aveline- Aven as an nn?
    Calla
    Sadie