Names Searched Right Now:
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

Just notice they can't chose Georgina. Ups.

I'm guessing they weren't allowed to use Spencer or maybe they'd honour it in future children, but let's Kate enjoy baby #1 George. I dislike his name but I know that it is to honour the Queen's father.

I love Alexander Louis. I have a cousin called Louis and we pronounce it like Lewis.

I'm slightly bummed out that a Prince Alexander presumably is out for any future sons (unless they wanna go repetitive, which I really hope they wont). I suppose an Alexandra is out too, but that doesn't really bother me because then a Matilda or an Eleanor is more likely

I don't understand all the suggestions of Spencer. Personally, I would have thought that they would use Francis to cover Diana's part of the family seeing as it also covers Catherine's, and is somewhat more regal than Spencer. It also makes me think of Diana's brother and I absolutely loathe him.
    Last edited by shvibziks; July 25th, 2013 at 06:03 PM.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I have been away for a few days, so haven't commented on the royal name yet.

I'm actually really disappointed with it.

I don't like the name George (yet I love the feminine forms), it's boring and predictable for British royalty, and the middle names don't honor anyone.

I'd have much rather seen Alexander in the first name spot.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemary View Post
    I have been away for a few days, so haven't commented on the royal name yet.

I'm actually really disappointed with it.

I don't like the name George (yet I love the feminine forms), it's boring and predictable for British royalty, and the middle names don't honor anyone.

I'd have much rather seen Alexander in the first name spot.
    Louis is both one of William and Charles' middle names and honors Louis Mountbatten, Prince Charles' great uncle and mentor, who was assassinated.
    Alexander is said to have been Kate's personal favorite and could also be seen as a nod to past Scottish kings.

Laura & Derek

Beatrix - Camille/a - Eleanor (Lena) - Isla - Lila - Leonie - Margot
    Arthur - Clark - Gabriel - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd

Guilty Pleasures:
    Andromeda - Lúthien - Vesper - Zephyr