Names Searched Right Now:
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Calling all British berries I want to know how you think that Louis is pronounced.

I believe it is said as Lew is, NOT Lou ee, as is being said by the American reporters.

What are your thoughts?

It's almost always pronounced LOO-ee. I've only very recently heard people over here pronounce it LOO-iss and they're in the minority. Louis pronounced LOO-iss is an American import. The little prince shares his middle with his father who was named for Lord Louis Mountbatten whose name is pronounced LOO-ee. All BBC reporters are pronouncing it LOO-ee too

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    It's almost always pronounced LOO-ee. I've only very recently heard people over here pronounce it LOO-iss and they're in the minority. Louis pronounced LOO-iss is an American import. The little prince shares his middle with his father who was named for Lord Louis Mountbatten whose name is pronounced LOO-ee. All BBC reporters are pronouncing it LOO-ee too
    Thanks for that info. I will remember to call him Loo ee from now on. I love the connection and think that Kate and William did a brilliant job naming the baby and giving the name real significance to themselves.

rollo
    Psalm 23

I heard today they may call him "Alex" , I hope not.... George is distinct; and while yes, accessible it has that royal "air" to it... While to me, Alex, though just adorable is so, so common!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I do like Alex! And I think the reason why is that it is so -- usual -- and yet also adorable. And he is supposed to be The People's Prince, and I cannot think a better way to communicate that than to call him by a name of Any Child.

I admit. This could just be me.

Oh I LOVE Alex that would be brilliant.
    Psalm 23