Names Searched Right Now:
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

I've been thinking about little Prince George all day, and the more I think about it the more I like his name.

I think one of my favorite things is that it just seems so wearable. Four names is so distinctly royal, but three is a bit more accessible. There are plenty of kids running around with two middle names. George Alexander Louis could be just about any kid out on the playground, but is still suitable for the future king. I think it's appropriate for Will and Kate - grounded in tradition, but with a modern, approachable edge.

I also love the flow. I'm not usually a big fan of two middles, but there's something nice about this one! Perhaps it's because the shorter George and Louis help ground the longer Alexander in the middle.

Laura & Derek

Beatrix - Camille/a - Eleanor (Lena) - Isla - Lila - Leonie - Margot
    Arthur - Clark - Gabriel - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd

Guilty Pleasures:
    Andromeda - Lúthien - Vesper - Zephyr

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    Yes! Young George V was a cutie, though it was a shame they were never allowed to smile back then! I've also been thinking about his son, George, who was also a Georgie. I can easily see the new little George looking a little like him:

Attachment 1539

Young royals are all so cute
    That's such a lovely picture, both George and May always seemed to be so strict and stern, so it's lovely to see a picture like that
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"

Well the bookies got the name right! I was right choosing Alexander and Louis. The name flows seamlessly and as pp's have said it is a royal name with a commoners touch as his name only has two middles.

I think that this big, bouncing boy suits his name. I love that George is such a straight forward unfussy name and it is very manly. They have made a good choice although I would have been drooling if his first name was Alexander.

I don't like Arthur at all so I was pleased to see that one go through to the keeper.
    rollo
    Psalm 23

I thought of a possible upside -- maybe they will call him Alex! Which would be refreshing and delightful!

Although I guess it is pretty sad when we are calling Alex "refreshing" when usually we are reassuring each other it is still okay to use because it is such a great name -- even though waaaayyyyyyyyyyy too popular!

Calling all British berries I want to know how you think that Louis is pronounced.

I believe it is said as Lew is, NOT Lou ee, as is being said by the American reporters.

What are your thoughts?
    Psalm 23