Names Searched Right Now:
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    Yes! Young George V was a cutie, though it was a shame they were never allowed to smile back then! I've also been thinking about his son, George, who was also a Georgie. I can easily see the new little George looking a little like him:

Attachment 1539

Young royals are all so cute
    That's such a lovely picture, both George and May always seemed to be so strict and stern, so it's lovely to see a picture like that
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Well the bookies got the name right! I was right choosing Alexander and Louis. The name flows seamlessly and as pp's have said it is a royal name with a commoners touch as his name only has two middles.

I think that this big, bouncing boy suits his name. I love that George is such a straight forward unfussy name and it is very manly. They have made a good choice although I would have been drooling if his first name was Alexander.

I don't like Arthur at all so I was pleased to see that one go through to the keeper.
    rollo
    Psalm 23

I thought of a possible upside -- maybe they will call him Alex! Which would be refreshing and delightful!

Although I guess it is pretty sad when we are calling Alex "refreshing" when usually we are reassuring each other it is still okay to use because it is such a great name -- even though waaaayyyyyyyyyyy too popular!

Calling all British berries I want to know how you think that Louis is pronounced.

I believe it is said as Lew is, NOT Lou ee, as is being said by the American reporters.

What are your thoughts?
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Calling all British berries I want to know how you think that Louis is pronounced.

I believe it is said as Lew is, NOT Lou ee, as is being said by the American reporters.

What are your thoughts?

It's almost always pronounced LOO-ee. I've only very recently heard people over here pronounce it LOO-iss and they're in the minority. Louis pronounced LOO-iss is an American import. The little prince shares his middle with his father who was named for Lord Louis Mountbatten whose name is pronounced LOO-ee. All BBC reporters are pronouncing it LOO-ee too
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon