Names Searched Right Now:
Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

Quote Originally Posted by anuthriuminvidia View Post
    Will and Kate are not pretentious. I don't see them naming the child directly after his father.
    I would love to see William's name in the mix.
    Psalm 23

Royal baby is here! Catherine gave birth to a healthy baby boy, the Prince of Cambridge. The name is not announced yet.
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student

Constance TabithaSibyl RamonaTheodoraEmmeline Twila Phoebe
    Atlas Rupert Otis Grover Casimir Nathaniel Ignatius Robin

I would like to see them use Richard, especially as this was the year the positively identified the remains of King Richard III, a much maligned king who in fact did a lot of good.

The story that he murdered his two nephews (the Princes in the Tower) was most likely fabrication. All the rumors about him didn't start circulating until after he was defeated in battle by Henry VII, and it's now widely believed it was propaganda spread by Henry VII and those who served him, as the English people liked Richard III as he was a good king. Henry VII had to win over this subjects and creating falsehoods about Richard III was the best way to do this.

The truth is though, he was a very good, well-respected King, who was an early social reformer. For example, he e implemented changes in the legal system at the time, allowing poorer people to be able to seek justice through the courts, something that previously was reserved for those who could afford it. This is fact.

However, because of the unproven stories about him, the name Richard has been one of the "forbidden" names in the royal family ever since.

I think it would be fitting, in the year his remains were identified (meaning he can now finally have a burial fit for a former King of England), to bring the name back into the fold. It would be a great tribute to someone who was, in reality, an excellent King who cared for his people.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

Is Andrew a possibility? Will and Kate met and graduated from St. Andrews after all.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo.

@author in writing: I was thinking the same thing about Andrew!
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Grace & Patrick Elliot; Catherine Elise & Liam David