Names Searched Right Now:
Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

Ah, a little Prince I was so delighted to hear that they'd managed to get a couple of hours for themselves before making the big announcement. These last couple of days I'd had a sneaking suspicion that it was a boy, and so it was. I hope they'll name him either Philip, Alexander or Arthur. George is so dated, can't imagine that on the little one.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemary View Post
    I'm kind of gutted it's a boy, wanted it to be a girl, to make history.
    I kinda agree, it would have been pretty epic with a girl who actually was born to be a Queen without the possibility of getting knocked off her throne by a younger brother. I also think that Charles would have liked a little girl, IIRC he would have like to have had a daughter too along with the too boys, but then he and Diana sadly got divorced.
    Last edited by shvibziks; July 22nd, 2013 at 04:23 PM.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    Ah, a little Prince I was so delighted to hear that they'd managed to get a couple of hours for themselves before making the big announcement. These last couple of days I'd had a sneaking suspicion that it was a boy, and so it was. I hope they'll name him either Philip, Alexander or Arthur. George is so dated, can't imagine that on the little one.

I kinda agree, it would have been pretty epic with a girl who actually was born to be a Queen without the possibility of getting knocked off her throne by a younger brother. I also think that Charles would have liked a little girl, IIRC he would have like to have had a daughter too along with the too boys, but then he and Diana sadly got divorced.
    Same here! Rooting for Arthur, personally. Apparently George is like the #6 name for boys in the UK, so I'm not sure if that helps or hurts his chances for being a George. I suppose it doesn't seem dated over there, but it definitely would be a disappointment in the US.

Laura & Derek

Beatrix - Camille/a - Eleanor (Lena) - Isla - Lila - Leonie - Margot
    Arthur - Clark - Gabriel - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd

Guilty Pleasures:
    Andromeda - Lúthien - Vesper - Zephyr

Quote Originally Posted by author in writing View Post
    I'm with you maggiemary, although happy to hear he's healthy after the troubles during the pregnancy. I have my fingers crossed that they won't use Arthur (I can't let my favorite name sky-rocket to popularity! as neat as a King Arthur would be).
    Oh yeah, absolutely glad he's healthy, and I'm thrilled for them.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I'm glad he has been born and him and his mother are well. I've been waiting all day to find out what it was! I was kind of hoping for a girl, but it's hardly disappointing that he's not. Just have to wait for the name!
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I may be one of a minority but I have been saying boy all long.

Hoping for a wee George.