Names Searched Right Now:
Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

Exactly. If all names that has some bad associations somewhere in history should be excluded, then there wouldn't be any (regal) names left. Alice most certainly is in the picture whether Edward VII's mistress was named it or not, the Duke of Edinburgh's very beloved mother was named Alice and I don't doubt that they would use it in the blink of an eye.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"

Quote Originally Posted by sugarplumfairy View Post

I keep thinking William and Kate will go for a popular name that they like (but one that is still appropriate enough for a monarch), and will leave historical or family names for the middle. They never showed any signs of being particularly interested in royal history and traditions so (sadly) I doubt a "boring"/oldfashioned name that's full of significance (like Mary, Victoria, Adelaide, Alfred, Philip, Richard) would appeal to them. And looking at the names recently picked by William's friends and extended family, not to mention other "modern" royals (Savannah, Isla, Xan, Lyla, Tane, Lola, Ariane, Athena, Estelle), I'm relieved the Queen has has veto power!
    I agree. I would love to see little princess Freya or Elena or Georgina or Calliope or... etc. There are thousand of lovely names, no need for something already established in the royal family.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

What about Mabel? Is this enough royal? (Still think Will and Kate will chose something they like, just love Mabel)
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

People are coming up with some lovely possibilities, but many of them will not happen, as they're not established British names. That will be one thing they absolutely will stick to, it will be a really British name, there will be no H.R.H. Princess Calliope of that you can be sure.

I know much is made that Will and Kate have broken with tradition several times, such as spending Christmas with her family last year, and not at Sandringham as is traditional. However, I'm afraid there are certain rules they will not be able to break, and choosing a name outside established royal names isn't one of them.

Nothing to stop them going further back into British royal history, and choosing a name from years gone by, such as Matilda. However they won't be going obscure and it's highly unlikely they'll branch to a name never used by the Royal Family before. I know that Princess Anne's daughter is named Zara (which was actually suggested by Prince Charles!), but Zara is not titled (at her mother's request), and was only ever destined for life as a minor royal (I know that sounds harsh, but it's how the British Royal Family works), therefore Anne could be a little bit more "out there". William and Kate won't get that freedom.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore. Identical twin.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I'm guessing Eleanor or Alice for a girl, Henry for a boy.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas Calloway, Atlas Bram, Atlas Octavian
    Lyra Marigold, Lyra Blythe, Lyra Clementine