Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowfinch View Post
    I think it would be Victoria if it weren't for Princess Victoria of Sweden. It's a great, classic choice that hasn't been used in a while, but it would be sort of awkward for Europe to have two Queen Victorias at the same time. Elizabeth is the obvious choice, but sort of boring and overdone. (Elizabeth is not a boring name, obviously, but in this case it has gotten plenty of rotation recently). The Duchess is pretty fashion forward and might want something more unexpected.
    There is two generations between CP Victoria of Sweden and the Cambridge Fetus (though technically, the age difference is more like one generation), and if they're gonna reign at the same time at all, it'll be very close to the end of (the Swedish) Victoria's reign. I hope it wont be Victoria though, Queen Victoria II is slightly flat because Queen Victoria (I) was such a great and popular figure, it would be such a tough name to live up to.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

I agree that Catherine is too smart to slip up like that. I was holding out for a little Prince Frederick, because Prince Freddie would be so cute, but Camilla has a grandson named Frederick, apparently. I'm also crossing my fingers for a Princess Matilda, just because I love the name.

Prince George Arthur William Philip
    Princess Matilda Elizabeth Victoria Charlotte

An update on the Royal baby name speculation.

There has been a huge surge in betting on a girl being named Alexandra, and according to a report my cousin sent me a link to, odds on them using the name have been slashed to 2/1. There is speculation there may have been a leak somewhere, as the surge in betting on the name took the bookmakers by surprise.

However there is already an HRH Princess Alexandra (the wonderfully named Alexandra Helen Elizabeth Olga Christabel), who is the Queen's cousin (and one of her closest confidantes), so I'm not entirely convinced they'd use it myself (as both would be titled HRH Princess Alexandra). I suspect the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge might want their daughter (if they indeed have a daughter) to have a name not currently found on any princess within the Royal Family.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

Proud auntie to Lucy Helen and Theodore Levi

~ Eliza Constance ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Nora Josephine ~ Pearl Violet ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~ Tess Christabel ~
    ~ Gabriel Walter ~ James Benedict ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~ Timothy Jack ~

If they have a son and call him Arthur, I would love it if they nickname him Artie.

I honestly don't see Kate's family being honored in the combo, though there is a slim chance that Diana could be incorporated as a middle (but it would be lovely if they did indeed choose to honor William's mother).
    Marko | Susanna | Kit | Rosemary

I would love it if they named a daughter Alexandra HM's cousin is Princess Alexandra of Kent, the Lady Ogilvy, and William and Catherine's daughter would be Princess Alexandra of Cambridge, so there would be some difference (even though Princess Alexandra generally is know by ... well, Princess Alexandra). It would be a lovely tribute because Princess Alexandra is William's godmother, and supposedly both Prince Charles and Diana were close to her.

Personally, I'm still crossing my fingers for Matilda. Not only was there Empress Matilda, Lady of the English, but numerous Queen consorts have been named Matilda too. I'm beginning to think they might actually look at past Queen consorts if they want a name that isn't Elizabeth or Victoria for a girl, and there have actually been a lot of well-named Queen consorts:

Anne (5)
    Catherine (5)
    Aelgifu (3)
    Matilda (3)
    Eleanor (3)
    Isabella (3)
    Margaret (3)
    Elizabeth (3)
    Ealdgyth (2)
    Caroline (2)
    Mary (2)
    Aelfthryth (1)
    Aethelflaed (1)
    Emma (1)
    Sigrid (1)
    Edith (1)
    Adeliza (1)
    Berengaria (1)
    Philippa (1)
    Joan (1)
    Jane (1)
    Henrietta (1)
    Charlotte (1)
    Adelaide (1)
    Alexandra (1)

Personally I think Adelaide, Matilda, Caroline or Eleanor would be great options.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel