Names Searched Right Now:
Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

I reckon that it is a girl, however I don't think they know (yet). I think Kate was about to say "I'll take this for our dog" if anything and not "our daughter". It would also make sense that as she was saying it, she realized that it would be pretty rude to say that she was going to give it to Lupo because usually dogs aren't too careful with teddy bears (they do love tearing them apart though). Or she was just gonna say 'darling' like Charles has a habit of doing. Catherine's too smart to accidentally reveal the sex of the baby, it would be one hell of a freudian slip and I don't know, I just don't think she would do it.

Anyway, the the-gender-of-the-royal-fetus-may-or-may-not-be-revealed scandal has caused a name article on Hello Magazine's website. So thrilled to see Alexandra there, Queen Alexandra would be such a lovely namesake.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Agree with you, shvibziks. It's waaaay too much of a slip. I thought it was quite hard to hear what she was saying anyway :P

And I'd love to see a little Princess Alexandra too! Queen Alexandra was lovely. She had to put up with all of Edward VII's philandering and doted on her grandson, John, who she used to have come to tea and play games. A much better namesake than Victoria, who was a bit of a fruit loop

Exactly, to be honest I couldn't hear her at all, only the lady asking "did you say my daughter?" or something like that afterwards, and then Catherine going "oh no no no" and being adorable as always.

Indeed, she seemed like such a great lady. She even let Edward's final mistress come and say goodbye to him on his deathbed. I would be so psyched if they named a daughter Alexandra because Queen Alexandra was Danish and so am I and ugh Also, William's godmother, Princess Alexandra, is a wonderful namesake. She's truly one of the most elegant royal women in the British Royal Family.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I think it would be Victoria if it weren't for Princess Victoria of Sweden. It's a great, classic choice that hasn't been used in a while, but it would be sort of awkward for Europe to have two Queen Victorias at the same time. Elizabeth is the obvious choice, but sort of boring and overdone. (Elizabeth is not a boring name, obviously, but in this case it has gotten plenty of rotation recently). The Duchess is pretty fashion forward and might want something more unexpected.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemary View Post
    The Duchess of Cambridge was on a royal appointment yesterday, and was given a gift by a member of the public, and DofC said, "is this for our d..." and then she stopped. The member of public said, "did you say daughter," and DofC got a bit flustered and said, "no, no, we don't know..."
    I cant decide if Im convinced or not...
    @ shvibziks, that was my first thought too! "Is this for our dog?"