Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

There will probably be Diana in the girl combo, for sure! I'll be very suprised if it isnt! Something like Charlotte Diana or Alice like everyone is saying would be so cute but would fit in well with the 'royal names'

I don't know if this is true but someone said on twitter

'Kate Middleton said that if the baby is a boy, then it will have a popular british name, I can't wait to meet baby Mohammed'

I had to laugh.

I hope it's not true though, it will be really disappointing if they name it something typical like Jacob when they could easily pull of something better like Arthur or Alfred.
    ~ Under Construction! ~

I'm in two minds. While I'd LOVE to have a King Arthur on the throne, I'd also like to have a son named Arthur and I don't want to share his name with anyone else! Even if my Arthur is a hypothetical Arthur I'm also divided if I want a girl to share her name with a family member (Elizabeth and Diana, the obvious choices) or to be the "first" in her family to have it (when's the last time they had an Alice or Mary?)

My predictions:

Alexander Henry George Charles
    Albert William Charles Phillip

Diana Victoria Elizabeth Mary
    Alexandrina Diana Elizabeth Mary
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Demetra, Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo, Roger.

22 year old university student name nerd
    Favourite Names =
    Casper, Leo, Rudy, Stephen, Riley, Samuel, Theodore, Marcel, John
    Eleanor, Poppy, Lucy, Jocelyn, Georgia, Bellamy, Zara, Rose

I don't really think we'll see a Diana, at least not as a first name. I just think it may be too much too soon. And since a girl could inherit the throne, I can't really see the Queen getting on board with a future Queen Diana. SHe was a wondeful woman, but there was so much sadness associated with her that I don't think it'll make it into that first name spot. I would, however, love to see it as a middle name, and I have no doubt that we will.

I don't think we'll see a Victoria either. Again, that is a lot of baggage to pass on to a little girl. Of course, many names that are in consideration come with baggage, especially the ones associated with famous (or infamous) monarchs.

Personally, I would love to see a little Matilda. It pays homage to Queen Matilda, the daughter of Henry I, and the first female ruler of England. That is certainly appropriate for the first little girl who could inherit the throne ahead of any possible brothers. Another Queen Matilda was the wife of King Stephen.

I would not be surprised to see Elizabeth, Diana and Victoria in a middle name spot. I also like Alice - it is a traditional name that has a more modern, whimsical feel to it.

Matlida Elizabeth Diana Alice

For a boy, I like both Alfred and Frederick. Alfred brings to mind Alfred the Great, and the adorable nickname ALfie. Frederick was the father of George III and great-grandfather of Queen Victoria.

For middle names, I would not be surprised to see Arther - it is a middle name for both William and Charles. Other likely possibilities are Philip - to honor WIlliam's grandfather, George - another traditional favorite, and MIchael - to honor Kate's father.

Frederick Philip Arthur George
    Wife to DH, the very handsome Casey who always makes me laugh.

Soon-to-be first-time mother - little ones on the way.

I can't see them using Charlotte, because William's uncle (Diana's brother) and his wife named their baby daughter (born in July) Charlotte, and while it's the "other side" of the family, well it's still a family name that has only recently been used.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~