Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    \
    In all honestly, I'm hoping that they name the baby something absolutely modern and trendy (like Jayden), just because I would find that extremely entertaining.
    I hope they name the baby Jayden (boy or girl! unisex names! wheee!)...and abolish the monarchy.

Okay, only the second part of that statement is true. Though it would be hilarious if they named the kid Jayden.
    Simon Valor | Eloise Lily | Judah Sage | Thea Marina | Felix Orion | Iris Cordelia | Roscoe Benjamin | Lydia Wren | Jasper Conroy | Phaedra Naomi | Adrian Bruno | Lucinda 'Indie' Jane | Wallace Finnegan | Sylvie Winifred | Charles 'Charlie' Elliot | Juniper Faye | Julian 'Jules' Atlas | Matilda Sailor | Marlowe Charles | Alice Elizabeth | Jack Mariner | Marigold 'Maggie' Susan

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

I'm warming up to a little Matilda or a Maud even.
    I think Matilda would be a lovely tribute to England's first real female ruler (though she only ruled for a few months in 1141 and was never crowned Queen but was called Lady of the English ((which I think is a pretty fancy title)) instead), Empress Matilda. Not only was Empress Matilda a strong ruler and a terrific namesake, Matilda would also be a good homage to Australia (and Scotland too, seeing as Matilda of Scotland was the wife of Henry I).

For a boy, I'd adore a Richard (can you honestly get other than warm associations to Richard Lionheart? And by Richard Lionheart, I mean the Richard Lionheart from Robin Hood) but I don't know if that's too old-fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    I hope they name the baby Jayden (boy or girl! unisex names! wheee!)...and abolish the monarchy.
    As a burning royalist (and the same time a very active social democrat) I wonder, what is it that's so bad about the monarchy? Presuming you're British, you have one of the most dedicated and hard-working regents in the world. I'd be absolutely overjoyed to have HM as my Queen (though I don't think my own Queen is shabby ).
    Last edited by shvibziks; December 27th, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien

Oh so excited to see what they name it! i love the Duchess of Cambridge and William is so handsome lol. Matilda would be my pick for a girl but i think they'll use victoria. For a boy i'd loooove arthur but thought it was "cursed" in the Royal Fam? i think George or Edward
    Three cherubs <3

I don't know anything about Arthur being cursed. John however, is allegedly bringing bad luck to whoever bears the name. I can't say I blame people for thinking that. The last two John's in the BRF both suffered a rather horrible faith, Prince (Alexander) John (son of King Edward VII & Queen Alexandra) died a few days after his birth and Prince John (son of King George V & Queen Mary, named for his late little uncle) was suffering from epilepsy and was kept away from the royal family at Wood Farm till his death at 13.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien

I hate to come off as rude, but why are people so invested in what they name their children? I'm American, so maybe I just don't get the "royalty" thing. To me everyone is equal.

Anyways, just so I don't seem like a poor sport or Debbie Downer I'll throw in the guesses Eleanor or Alice for a girl and maybe George for a boy.

I'll say Alice Eleanor Diana Elizabeth and George Frederick Charles Henry
    James ~ Ariston

Aurelia ~ Sidra ~ Elizabeth ~ Gia ~ Julia

The others I hold close.... Quade ~ William (Liam) ~ Dresden ~ Giordana ~ Lydiana ~ Laurenza ~ Vivara ~ Fonya ~ Sagelle