Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

Alexander or Margaret would be lovely tributes to Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemary View Post
    I can't see them using Charlotte, because William's uncle (Diana's brother) and his wife named their baby daughter (born in July) Charlotte, and while it's the "other side" of the family, well it's still a family name that has only recently been used.
    He even called her 'Charlotte Diana', so that's a pretty unlikely combo too.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    Alexander or Margaret would be lovely tributes to Scotland.

He even called her 'Charlotte Diana', so that's a pretty unlikely combo too.
    Oh I wasn't aware her middle name was Diana, so yes absolutely, that makes it even more unlikely.

I would love to see them use Margaret (not biased - honest!) which has been the name of queen consorts in England and Scotland, but never the ruling monarch (unless you count Margaret of Scotland, who was only a child, and her "reign" is disputed and often excluded from history books, as she was never crowned at Scone). I think a ruling Queen Margaret is lacking from the history books.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore. Identical twin.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

Actually I think I recall hearing that a little Margaret would be Queen Margaret II because Margaret of Scotland would be counted in. It's such a beautiful name and I think it would be a wonderful homage to Princess Margaret also.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    It would also be interesting (not to mention politically expedient) to have a Welsh, Scottish and Irish name, especially given the pains both William (living on Anglesey) and Charles have taken to identify with Wales.
    Thank you blade my thoughts exactly.

rollo

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    Actually I think I recall hearing that a little Margaret would be Queen Margaret II because Margaret of Scotland would be counted in. It's such a beautiful name and I think it would be a wonderful homage to Princess Margaret also.
    Oh that's handy to know.

I think it's one of those things historians are divided one, some don't count her, others do. However, if officially she is counted, then that's great.

Queen Margaret II - I like that!
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore. Identical twin.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~