Names Searched Right Now:
Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

There is actually a Dutch Princess named Mabel She's a Princess by marriage though, married to Prince Friso who's in a coma after an avalanche accident last year.

That said, I'm 100% certain that they wont choose something unusual for a little Prince or Princess. This is a future British King or Queen, and I think we need to remember that. There are lots of beautiful, regal names and I'm very sure that they'll choose one of those. They could go either very traditional and choose something like George, Edward, Mary or Victoria, or they could choose a name slightly out of the ordinary, though still to be found in the royal family's history like Frederick, Arthur, Matilda or Eleanor.

Baby Cambridge's younger siblings might get names that are somewhat less traditional. I can imagine something like Amelia for a possible younger sister.

One should also take in consideration that Savannah and Isla Phillips, Lyla and Rufus Gilman and Senna and Tane Lewis are nowhere near the throne. Savannah is 12th and Isla is 13th in line of succession, their father hasn't ever been a public figure and nor has he ever been undertaking royal duties, and neither will they. That gave Peter and Autumn a freedom to choose whichever names they liked.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

They'd probably still be quite traditional in naming a second child, because technically you have an heir and a spare, should God forbid anything happen to the heir.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I figure that second and third children may get less formal names than the firstborn, though with a couple of very formal secondary names just in case. Kinda like Princess Isabella of Denmark who who has both Margrethe and Ingrid as her secondary names, while they are family names (grandmother and great-grandmother), they're also names that she potentially could take as a regal name, should she unexpectedly inherit the throne once. Like George VI whose real names was Albert after his grandfather, but instead of using that as his regal name, he chose George after his father. I don't know if this made any sense, I'm in exam mode and when I am that, I often find myself to make lots of mistakes when writing/speaking English
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

The more I think about it, the more I feel the baby will be named after a previous monarch — if you look at the lists of British royals since William I, new regnal names have only been introduced under pretty exceptional circumstances.

Monarchs who were "The First" of their names:
    - Henry I : a younger son, not expected to become king
    - Stephen I: a grandson through a female line, not expected to become king
    - Matilda: a daughter, not expected to become queen
    - Richard I: a younger son, not expected to become king
    - John: a younger son, not expected to become king
    * Edward I: given his unusual name after St Edward
    - Mary I: a daughter, not expected to become queen
    - Elizabeth I: a daughter, not expected to become queen
    - James I: Scottish, not expected to become king of England
    - Charles I: a younger son, not expected to become king
    - Anne: a daughter, not expected to become king
    - George I: German, not expected to become king of England
    - Victoria: daughter of a younger son, not expected to become queen

Heirs to the throne would have been "The First":
    - Robert: eldest son of the first king, named after his paternal grandfather.
    - Eustace: French, not expected to become king of England
    * Alphonso: named after his Spanish maternal grandfather.
    * Arthur
    - Sophia: German, not expected to become king
    - Frederick: German, not expected to become king
    - Charlotte: daughter, not expected to become queen
    * Albert Edward: named after his father, reigned as Edward VII
    - Albert Victor: his son, likely to have reigned under his middle name of Edward, too (his first names were imposed by Queen Victoria, but he went by Eddy).
    - Albert: younger brother, not expected to become king, reigned as George VI.

So you see that, in the last 1000 years or so, there have only been four instances when the direct heir to the throne was given a "new" name. I don't think William and Catherine will go against this precedence. However, they are likely to follow the royal tradition to introduce new names (or honour family members) with younger children, if they have any.

My money is on Prince George.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

I don't think William and Catherine will go against this precedence.
    Why? Do you know them personally?
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country