Names Searched Right Now:
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

I'm guessing Eleanor or Alice for a girl, Henry for a boy.
    Mother to miss Mila Arden and her brand new brother, Cato Bennett

I agree with maggiemary.

"They never showed any signs of being particularly interested in royal history and traditions" Really?!

"I doubt a "boring"/old fashioned name that's full of significance (like Mary, Victoria, Adelaide, Alfred, Philip, Richard) would appeal to them." Au contraire! 'Boring' and old fashioned names are all the rage amongst the British upper crusty types at the moment. Look through the Telegraph announcements- there are hundreds of Arthurs, Alfreds, Fredericks, Wilfreds, Marys etc.

"And looking at the names recently picked by William's friends and extended family, not to mention other "modern" royals (Savannah, Isla, Xan, Lyla, Tane, Lola, Ariane, Athena, Estelle)... " They can get away with it as they're very minor royals who will never inherit the throne. And Frederik and Mary of Denmark are very hip and modern, yet they gave their first born a traditional name.

"I'm relieved the Queen has has veto power!" So am I! So I highly doubt we'll end up with a 'common' name like Freya or Jacob.
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

There is actually a Dutch Princess named Mabel She's a Princess by marriage though, married to Prince Friso who's in a coma after an avalanche accident last year.

That said, I'm 100% certain that they wont choose something unusual for a little Prince or Princess. This is a future British King or Queen, and I think we need to remember that. There are lots of beautiful, regal names and I'm very sure that they'll choose one of those. They could go either very traditional and choose something like George, Edward, Mary or Victoria, or they could choose a name slightly out of the ordinary, though still to be found in the royal family's history like Frederick, Arthur, Matilda or Eleanor.

Baby Cambridge's younger siblings might get names that are somewhat less traditional. I can imagine something like Amelia for a possible younger sister.

One should also take in consideration that Savannah and Isla Phillips, Lyla and Rufus Gilman and Senna and Tane Lewis are nowhere near the throne. Savannah is 12th and Isla is 13th in line of succession, their father hasn't ever been a public figure and nor has he ever been undertaking royal duties, and neither will they. That gave Peter and Autumn a freedom to choose whichever names they liked.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

They'd probably still be quite traditional in naming a second child, because technically you have an heir and a spare, should God forbid anything happen to the heir.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

Proud auntie to Lucy Helen and Theodore Levi

~ Eliza Constance ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Nora Josephine ~ Pearl Violet ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~ Tess Christabel ~
    ~ Gabriel Walter ~ James Benedict ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~ Timothy Jack ~

I figure that second and third children may get less formal names than the firstborn, though with a couple of very formal secondary names just in case. Kinda like Princess Isabella of Denmark who who has both Margrethe and Ingrid as her secondary names, while they are family names (grandmother and great-grandmother), they're also names that she potentially could take as a regal name, should she unexpectedly inherit the throne once. Like George VI whose real names was Albert after his grandfather, but instead of using that as his regal name, he chose George after his father. I don't know if this made any sense, I'm in exam mode and when I am that, I often find myself to make lots of mistakes when writing/speaking English
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel