Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful_haiku View Post
    I'll just say this one last thing because I promise I don't want to take over this thread: My feelings about the royals isn't an America vs. England or America vs Denmark sort of thing. I get the feeling that you might think I'm looking down on your country or other countries with a monarchy. You'd be surprised how much I'd love to live in a more peaceful country such as Denmark... America starts unneccessary wars and trust me, MANY of us hate that. Many of the citizens here who hate violence end up becoming victims of the poor decisions our government makes... I know first hand as both of my parents are permanently disabled Vietnam War veterans. We have a gun-loving, violence-hungry culture that really creates a huge problem for everyone. I could go on and on, but I just wanted to clear up that in my opinion Denmark seems like a fabulous place to live. You should be proud and it sounds like you are! I celebrate that.

As many problems as the American government has, I still would never want to replace the President with a royal family. I bow to no one... Now THAT could be the American in me lol I see the royals as no more deserving as any homeless man or woman on the streets. In my eyes we are all created equal... THAT is why I don't understand the excitement.

But as I said, I'm just an American... Perhaps I will never understand it. That's why I said "what do I know". It wasn't meant to be snarky- I'm serious, I don't know what it's like for a royal family to be apart of the everyday culture of my country. That is why I originally spoke up on this thread - I've seen many other threads and blogs on Nameberry about the royal baby and I finally just had to ask: "what's the big deal?!" But by my asking you might think I'm trying to be disrespectful of your country and culture. That wasn't my aim.

Anyways... Keep calm and carry on lol Enjoy the name guessing. But me? I will be shielding my eyes and ears from the onslaught of royal baby madness all over the media lol
    No, no, I honestly never even thought that and I didn't take offense because you asked what the big deal is. If I wasn't such a royal fanatic I'd probably ask the same thing (because lets face it, nine months of talking about this is enough to make anyone exhausted) I don't think America should be a monarchy either, I don't think that a country like ... say Germany, should re-install their royal family either, because it clearly didn't work for them, just like America is built on values that doesn't match with having a royal family. Heck, if it wasn't for the history, traditions and the fact that we have a constitutional monarchy, I'm not even sure I'd support placing some rich dude (or dudess) on a throne. The part about HM being a political ticking time bomb wasn't just directed at America, but at republics in general which I also think has it's pro's and con's.
    Zelia • XXI • Film and royalty connoisseur • I blog at vesperlynds and everythingroyalty
    Exporting names from Greenland and Inuit mythology
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Amaury Charles Theo • Asa Fionnbharr Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Maz" • Asta Catherine Françoise • Aviaaja Margaret Undómiel "Avi"

GPs: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Cosmo James Ilasiaq "Jem" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien • Evelyn/Vera Alvaret Cleopatra

I think Theodora.fairfax's guess of Alice Imogen Diana was an excellent (and elegant) guess for a baby girl. If it's a boy, I'm predicting that Charles will be a middle.
    Mom to James Daniel (11) William Joseph (almost 10), Elise Marie (8), and Zachary Allan (2)
    http://letterstoauntkay.com/

#5, coming in mid-Sept 2015--TEAM BLUE!
    Paul (vetoed), Henry (vetoed),
    (Miles, Arthur, Samuel, Seth) = "meh"

Current favorite: George Thomas

If we try to take look at William's name, William Arthur Philip Louis:
    - William: For Prince William of Gloucester, his father's cousin who died in a plane crash in 1972.
    - Arthur: Has been a name given to both his great-grandfather, King George IV, and his father, the Prince of Wales.
    - Philip: For his grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh.
    - Louis: For his grandfather's uncle, Louis Mountbatten.

So if William and Catherine were to follow that pattern, the royal baby would be named something like:
    - Alexander/George/Arthur/Richard/Albert: Most likely first names for a boy, in my opinion.
    - Charles: For the proud grandfather, the Prince of Wales.
    - Arthur(/Francis/Frederick): If Arthur is used as a first name, Francis is a possibility honuoring both William's maternal grandmother Frances Shand Kydd, and also Catherine's father and grandfather, who both were given the middle name Francis. Frederick is also a possibility honouring both sides of the families.
    - Philip: For the proud great-grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh.

Suggestions: Alexander Charles Arthur Philip, George Charles Arthur Philip, Arthur Charles Francis Philip, Richard Charles Arthur Philip or Albert Charles Arthur Philip.

You can't really use the same method with a girl because there are so many more names to choose from, as opposed to a boy. However, I could imagine them doing something like this:
    - Matilda/Eleanor(/Elizabeth/Victoria/Margaret/Alexandra): Honouring some not-as-famous-as-Elizabeth-I British royals. Matilda for Empress Matilda, Lady of the English, and Eleanor for the very wise Eleanor of Aquitaine, wife of Henry II (also rumoured to be the name Diana wanted to give a daughter). If they don't go with either of the two, I'm sure they'll go traditional and choose either Elizabeth, Victoria, Margaret or Alexandra.
    - Carole/Caroline/Elizabeth/Diana/Frances: Honouring one of the mothers in some way, I personally hope for Caroline as it sounds way more regal than plain Carole. I've never been fond of any of Diana's names, but I think that Frances is the lesser of two evils.
    - Carole/Caroline/Elizabeth/Diana/Frances/Victoria/Alexandra/Margaret/Anne: Obviously blanking out whichever name that's been used before. I could imagine this third name would be used for the honouring of the mother that wasn't honoured in the second name.
    - Elizabeth/Victoria/Alexandra/Margaret/Anne/Philippa/Charlotte/Rose: A regal name for a future Queen.

Suggestions: Matilda Caroline Anne Elizabeth, Matilda Carole Frances Elizabeth, Eleanor Caroline Frances Elizabeth, Eleanor Caroline Elizabeth Philippa, Elizabeth Carole Diana Alexandra, Margaret Elizabeth Caroline Rose or Alexandra Caroline Elizabeth Anne.
    Zelia • XXI • Film and royalty connoisseur • I blog at vesperlynds and everythingroyalty
    Exporting names from Greenland and Inuit mythology
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Amaury Charles Theo • Asa Fionnbharr Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Maz" • Asta Catherine Françoise • Aviaaja Margaret Undómiel "Avi"

GPs: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Cosmo James Ilasiaq "Jem" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien • Evelyn/Vera Alvaret Cleopatra

I'm going for......

Victoria Elizabeth Mary Diana

I'm rethinking the boys name I was set on Frederick until I realised Camilla has a Freddy already as a grandchild.

George(?) Charles Michael Andrew
    Last edited by xeleven11x; February 17th, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

My guesses are that a girl will be: Matilda Diana Elizabeth. And a boy: Edmund Philip Charles, or Edmund William Charles.
    Hakuna Matata * Ohana
    Octavia ~ Enzo ~ Willow ~ Clark