Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Baby

If its a girl...Charlotte Diana Elizabeth

Really hoping that Diana is in the mix

I'm guessing it'll just be Diana Elizabeth Philippa Carole if it's a girl.. As for a boy, Charles Henry (Harrys real name)... Philip and William will probably be in the top middle names.

I'm rooting for Alice or George.

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    It's is an old myth that a royal family is expensive, in the matter of fact a Prime Minister cost far more (not even to mention the costs of a President *whistles*).

Ehh... I'd have to really disagree with that statement. Aren't the royal finances grossly underreported? And even if they aren't underreported, doesn't the British monarchy itself report that it costs around £40 million to maintain?! Is that yearly?! If so, our President isn't even worth close to that amount of money. However, if you guys are happy financing their privileged lifestyle and lavish travels to "sell" your country, then so be it.

I think most Americans aren't happy with the compensation our government officials receive. Many of us would like to change that. We would love to eliminate wasteful spending and all the "hands in the cookie jar." The somewhat silver lining is that we aren't stuck with them for a lifetime. We get to vote them in or out and impeach them if necessary. It doesn't weed out all of the underqualified elected officials, but I think it's great to have that option.

Listen, I'm happy for any healthy baby to be born to two loving parents, but I realize that this baby is being born into a tax-funded life of privilege that he or she will never have to earn. That would make me mad to finance that privileged life, but luckily it doesn't directly affect my wallets. Each addition to that family should be looked at as extra tax money to dish out. But, I'm just an American.... what do I know.
    James ~ Ariston

Aurelia ~ Sidra ~ Elizabeth ~ Gia ~ Julia

The others I hold close.... Quade ~ William (Liam) ~ Dresden ~ Giordana ~ Lydiana ~ Laurenza ~ Vivara ~ Fonya ~ Sagelle

A country where we get weather that people complain about a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    I think for many people who live in a country with a monarchy, it's a special and sacred kind of thing
    Not really. I'm from the UK, and I don't care about the royals. If I wasn't interested in names, I probably wouldn't care at all what they called the child.

ETA: And I don't know anyone else who cares very much either. :/
    Last edited by amberdaydream; December 30th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Amber. 17. Happy Hallowe'en.
    Roxana \ Marilyn ≶ Ксения \ Милана \ Алёна \ Арина \ Злата
    Даниил / Роман / Артемий ≶ Victor / Myron / Sylvan / Vincent / Lucien