Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Abilene

Hybrid View

Abilene

Hi berries, what do you all think of the name Abilene? I like it along with the nn Abbie but I wonder how the rest of the world will take it since it is such an unheard of name. What do you think?

I like it it sounds like a bluegrass song..I would never use it

It's a city in Texas and a song from the 70s so I think it would be heard of if you're state side, if it wasn't for the city of Abilene TX I would like the name because I like the way it sounds.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

My first thought was the city in Texas, but I still love it. In other parts of the country it probably doesn't have this association, though.
    Do you pronounce it Ab-il-lene or Abe-il-line? In the book The Help, one of the characters name's is Abileen, which would be pronounced like the latter. I love them both, but the Abileen pronunciation feels more "name-y" to me, probably because of my association with the city.
    Current Faves:

Norah Elizabeth, Charlotte Faye, Alice June, and Peter Elliott

It's definitely not unheard of, in fact it's on my list. I do love it. It's very similar to Aberdeen.