Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"Urban" names-these are all actually names of people

I work in a bakery so I see lots and lots of names (mostly children's) that we write on the cakes. I have a list of over 100 names, but here are some that stick out to me...I had never heard of ANY of these names before, are they made up or has anyone ever met someone else with any of these names?
    Aalyshah- obviously I know the name, but not the spelling!
    Jamarise
    Ta'Kari
    Ahsyanique
    Tiyarri
    Modupe
    Ivelisse
    Evuvirven
    Malaquias
    Ja'Zane
    Ja-Nasia
    Je'Zare
    Leon'tae
    Ky'Ron
    Fa-Lize
    Sa-Moni
    Ky'Ashia

I've always appreciated having a unique name, but I think many of these go a little too far...

They're definitely not for me.

What do you mean by "urban" ?

I went to middle school with an Ivelisse. I always thought it was pretty.

Is "urban name" the politically correct way of saying "ghetto name"? If so, that's rather unfortunate. I know many urban dwellers who give their kids names infinitely better than these.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

So, is anyone going to call out the OP on the fact that all the names listed, and these kinds of names generally, are heavily associated with the Black community? As well as the fact that "urban" is an often-used euphemism for said community? Just sayin'...there's a whiff of racism about this post.