Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofjupiter View Post
    I love the sound of Isaline, but I can't seem to find information on it anywhere... Is it a legit name?
    I meant to say Isoline but Yes, Isaline is legitimate name that was rarely used until recently. As far as I know Isaline, Isoline and Ysaline are all related to Elisabeth. Here is a link to a graph of the names if you like
    Isaline[URL="Isoline"[/URL] I would also add Isaure to the list since its very old but more recognizable and has recently gained a lot of popularity.
    I promise all of these names are legit
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

My French friend has a list on her blog, Pretty Prenoms, which has American names and their equivalents in France. Here are the "grandma" names.

Madeleine
    Berthe
    Louise
    Henriette
    Augustine
    Blanche
    Juliette
    Antoinette
    Léontine
    Cecile
    Eva
    Marie

Anyways, here is the post in full: http://prettyprenoms.wordpress.com/2...n-equivalents/

Catherine, Margot, Elsa & Henry, Felix, Cato

@txbelle: Omg, I have a new love. Flavie. I already loved Flavia, and I guess Flavie could be a nn for it or stand on its own. Do they prn it Flay-vee or Flah-vee? I prefer Flah-vee but Id like to know the real prn. Actually now that I think about it it prob has the -a sound at the end, like Flavia, huh?
    Last edited by saraallison; July 30th, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Mom to Seth Andrew and Madeline Frances

Other current favorites (girls): Rosemary, Elizabeth, Tessa, Susanna, Katherine; (boys): Noel, Spencer, Patrick, Rory, Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by saraallison View Post
    @txbelle: Omg, I have a new love. Flavie. I already loved Flavia, and I guess Flavie could be a nn for it or stand on its own. Do they prn it Flay-vee or Flah-vee? I prefer Flah-vee but Id like to know the real prn. Actually now that I think about it it prob has the -a sound at the end, like Flavia, huh?
    It's like "flah vee" but the A in "flah" is more like the A in "fat" but still with the H if that makes sense or you can listen here which is probably more help then I am lol: http://www.forvo.com/search/flavie/
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

Ok, thanks. I really love Flavie!
    Mom to Seth Andrew and Madeline Frances

Other current favorites (girls): Rosemary, Elizabeth, Tessa, Susanna, Katherine; (boys): Noel, Spencer, Patrick, Rory, Alexander