Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Feedback on these names?

Hi there! I haven't had some feedback in a while and recently updated my favorites. Would love some! Thanks NB

Audrey Kate
    Kira Tegan (prefer the tay-gehn pronunciation over tee-gahn)
    Arielle Loren (prefer ah-ree-ell over air-ee-ehl and lo-rehn over laur-en)
    Liora Maple
    Laurel Avery
    Laurel Athene (which is better?)

Thank you!

Obviously these wouldn't work as sibsets (Liora + Laurel + Arielle?) but which ones do you think would work best as sisters?

Edit: I know there are a lot of laur- and lor- names, they are family ones
    Last edited by sigma; November 23rd, 2014 at 07:02 PM.
    erinn amelia
    a 21-year-old namenerd dreaming of:
    Audrey Kate • Laurel Athene • Talia Blue • Arielle Loren • Liora Maple
    James Aro • Henry Wilder • Julian Beckett • Asher Milo • Nathan Everett
    I apologize if I repost on the Baby Name Games board. If I do, it means someone overwrote my post. Please refresh before posting!

Audrey Kate - lovelovelove Audrey! I've recently re-added it to my list as Audrey Lila Pearl. I'd considered the combo quite seriously several months ago, but didn't really think Audrey was "me" as a FN, so I let it go, even though I was massively in love with the combo. I have Kate and Catherine all over my list (mainly because my mom's name is a form of it, and I love how timeless she is), but I'm not sure I love it with Audrey? Granted, Audrey Lila Pearl is the only combo I've found that I LOVE for Audrey. It's really lovely and timeless, though, and I think it'd even be pretty fun to call out the full "Audrey Kate" around the house. It'd be a charming double!

Kira Tegan - I like Kira okay, but like Ciaran/Kieran for a boy much, much more. Kira Tegan's nice, but I hesitate with the TAY-gen pronunciation, because it sounds a LOT like Taken to me, which of course reminds me of the Taken movies. I'm not sure that's such a great association? I wouldn't want the strongest association to be tied to a series of movies that starts off with a girl being kidnapped (fairly brutally, from the parts I've seen of the film). Then again, I guess you could spin it that you were so completely "taken" with your daughter that you loved her the second you laid eyes on her. But I'm still not sure I'm a huge fan.

Arielle Loren - I much prefer Ariella to Arielle, but Arielle is lovely. My best friend nearly named her daughter Arielle Odette. Is Loren after Sophia Loren? I like it quite a lot, and Arielle Loren is very stylish. Not something I would have put together, but I do love it a lot.

Liora Maple - I'm not the hugest Maple fan, because it reminds me of Mabel (which I hate), but Liora Maple works well, and I like Liora a lot! I do prefer Eliora or Leona more, personally, though.

Laurel Avery/Athene - I like Laurel Avery better, much as I (vastly) prefer Avery for a boy. I think Laurel is really cool, probably because I like Arrow so much.

I really love Arielle and Liora together (even more, though, Ariella and Eliora! I love how Hebrew they feel together!), and I think Audrey and Laurel or Audrey, Kira, and Laurel are great together. I think a lot of these work pretty well together, though.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

Audrey Kate - I love this one. Simple yet classic.
    Kira Tegan - Not a big fan of either names. I love Kira spelled Keira or Kiera, I really don't like it spelled Kira. I also find Tegan (whatever pr.) very harsh as a name.
    Arielle Loren - Too heavy on the l's.
    Liora Maple - Interesting choice. I'm not a big fan, but there's nothing wrong with it; just NMS.
    Laurel Avery - Polar opposite naming styles jammed into one name. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Feels like it doesn't work in this case.
    Laurel Athene - I love Athena, not so fond of Athene. I also have bad associations with someone called Laurelle (which I'm reminded of by Laurel) so. It's not a bad name though.

I prefer Laurel Athene, but Laurel Athena is lovely. My favourite would be Audrey Kate and I think Audrey and Laurel make a good sibset.

eryn
    vampire enthusiast and netflix binge-watcher

Thanks for your feedback! It is very useful I should mention, as a general rule I dislike -a or -ah ending names first names because my SO's last name ends in -a and I think things like "Ariella Scuba" are too sing-songy, wheras Arielle flows better. I do also like Ariella better, but that's why it isn't there! Liora is an exception because I love it and it might work... as is Kira, but I know I'd never name a future daughter Kira with my SO's surname (take out the S in my sample name and that's what it is).

Tegan is a family name, as well as the Laure/Lore cognates, which is why there are so many of them! I seem to prefer long vowels and l's as a general thing. I'm happy to hear Liora Maple has some pretty good feedback right now--Maple is my newest crush, and I am crushing hard.

Again, really appreciate all of your comments! Would love some more as well
    erinn amelia
    a 21-year-old namenerd dreaming of:
    Audrey Kate • Laurel Athene • Talia Blue • Arielle Loren • Liora Maple
    James Aro • Henry Wilder • Julian Beckett • Asher Milo • Nathan Everett
    I apologize if I repost on the Baby Name Games board. If I do, it means someone overwrote my post. Please refresh before posting!

Audrey Kate is classy, elegant and beautiful, and I also really like Arielle Loren and Laurel Athene. I personally find Kira Tegan a little trendy sounding, and nowhere near as classy as Audrey, Laurel, Arielle etc.

I would definitely pair Laurel and Audrey together, they sound like wonderful sisters. They sound timeless and have a vintage feel about them, while Arielle sounds a little more modern so that's why I don't like it in there.