Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What could Tess be short for? Besides Therese...

Hey Berries. I am pregnant with my third child and I love the nickname Tess. But I don't really like Tessa or Therese, and I don't really like Tess as a name on its own either. Any suggestions for what else Tess could be short for? Do you think I could get away with Tess-short-for-Esther, or is that too obscure? My other two kids have old-fashioned but unusual names. Thanks!
    Currently searching for a name for number three, due January 2013.

Thalia? It's a stretch without that "ess" sound, I know. But I think it would be sweet, especially if you could get the "ess" part in a middle name.

I think Esther could work! But here are a few names for you to look at;

Tressa
    Thessaly
    Tassia
    Tasmine
    Contessa
    Theodosia
    Estella/e
    Tessalyn
    Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair

I don't get it. I don't mean that to be snarky - I really don't get it.

You don't like Tess as a stand-alone name, you don't like Tessa or Therese, so why are you looking for a name that you can contort into the nn Tess?

I understand what you're asking, I just don't understand why you'd want to do it. People on here seem always to be looking for ways to 'get to' nicknames, and ending up with 'How can I get to Honey?' or 'How can I get to Lulu?'. You can 'get to' it however you want, but there are only ever a few ways that aren't going to look completely contrived.

(Sorry if this sounds rude, it's really not supposed to, I just want to understand!)

I think Esther, with a nickname of Tess, is an inspired idea. Go for it!