Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are some nicknames for Marissa (besides the usual)?

I'm tired of my name and feel like I don't identify with it. It seems so foreign when I hear it. I've tried on the following nicknames, but none of them feel right. Mer, Miss, Missy, Mo, Momo, Rissa, Missa, Wriss.

I don't like Mara, Mari, Mary, Maria. What else is there? :S

How about Maisie, or Maris, or Massie? Or Misa (mee-suh) or Marsi. Also, I don't know if you think of Mari as just like Mary, but you could also use mah-ree. Or you could use a nickname based off of your middle name, depending on what it is.

Issy? Bit like Izzy but with a softer sound. Or Em or Emmy?
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I was in a similar situation as you are in, but I am fortunate to be switching schools for the upcoming year and have the opportunity to unofficially change my name. It's not all that uncommon for someone to go by a name completely different than their real name. Most assume it is a middle or variation of it. It took my family awhile to accept this (I've been complaining for years about how much I wanted to change my name), but I am involving them in the process of choosing my name.

If you are moving soon or going to a new job/school, it is a perfect time to go by a different name. But these opportunities don't come often, and you have to make sure it's a name that sticks and you love. And it would be best to ask for guidance from close family members or friends.

If going by a different name isn't an option, than Maisie or May are my favorite nicknames for Marissa.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I like the suggestion of Maisie or May. Some others that might work....

Rizzo
    Ari
    Sissy
    Mischa
    Maris
    Aris
    Molly
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot