Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are some nicknames for Marissa (besides the usual)?

I'm tired of my name and feel like I don't identify with it. It seems so foreign when I hear it. I've tried on the following nicknames, but none of them feel right. Mer, Miss, Missy, Mo, Momo, Rissa, Missa, Wriss.

I don't like Mara, Mari, Mary, Maria. What else is there? :S

How about Maisie, or Maris, or Massie? Or Misa (mee-suh) or Marsi. Also, I don't know if you think of Mari as just like Mary, but you could also use mah-ree. Or you could use a nickname based off of your middle name, depending on what it is.

Issy? Bit like Izzy but with a softer sound. Or Em or Emmy?
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

I was in a similar situation as you are in, but I am fortunate to be switching schools for the upcoming year and have the opportunity to unofficially change my name. It's not all that uncommon for someone to go by a name completely different than their real name. Most assume it is a middle or variation of it. It took my family awhile to accept this (I've been complaining for years about how much I wanted to change my name), but I am involving them in the process of choosing my name.

If you are moving soon or going to a new job/school, it is a perfect time to go by a different name. But these opportunities don't come often, and you have to make sure it's a name that sticks and you love. And it would be best to ask for guidance from close family members or friends.

If going by a different name isn't an option, than Maisie or May are my favorite nicknames for Marissa.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I like the suggestion of Maisie or May. Some others that might work....

Rizzo
    Ari
    Sissy
    Mischa
    Maris
    Aris
    Molly
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot