Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Krey8tiv Spellings

Eberyone complains about them but are there any you actually prefer to the original?

I prefer Aimee to Amy, Kaitlyn to Caitlin, Allisyn to Alison. Anyone else have some Krey8tiv spellings of names they like?

I prefer:

Lia to Leah
    Indiana to Indianna
    Mckenzy to Mckenzie

~Jasmine
    Jude, blackbird.

Aleka // Audrey // Cass // Chloe // Edia // Etta // Frances // India // Margot // Marian
    Miranda // Molly // Rosi // Samantha // Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by freyabeth View Post
    Eberyone complains about them but are there any you actually prefer to the original?

I prefer Aimee to Amy, Kaitlyn to Caitlin, Allisyn to Alison. Anyone else have some Krey8tiv spellings of names they like?
    As above I prefer Aimee to Amy & Katherine to Catherine

I don't mind Krey8tiv spellings as long as they are long established alternative ways to spelling the traditional spelling such as Ann or Anne; Cassandra or Kassandra; Catherine, Katherine, Cathryn, or Kathryn etc.

However, I really dislike it when people take a traditional name and completely change the original spelling such as Benjamin to Bynjymyn; Ashley to Acsh'Leigh or in general any spelling that makes the parent look like they either can't spell or are trying way too hard to be unique. The name will be pronounced the same anyway so Benjamin and Bynjymyn will still be Benjamin A. and Bynjymn C. in class, but Benjamin A. won't have to spell out his name every time.

Aimee isn't creative, it's the proper French spelling.
    I prefer Averie to Avery on a girl, but I've found that Averie is a french version. So I don't know if that counts as krey8tiv.

I also prefer Lynsey to Lindsay, Emmaleigh to Emily, Chelsey to Chelsea.
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto