Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fenyx Deklan Cruz Gillespie

ok so the Fenyx is a spelling flare on the traditional Phoenix - i wanted something a little more unusual and rugged/rocker-ish. something that is manly & strong.
    the meaning basically boils down to "rebirth by fire" - and we are christian believers , so that has substantial meaning to me & the hubs

i LOVED both of these middle names Deklan & Cruz and couldn't decide, so finally settled on BOTH! lol they flow well to me though, so it's an easy transition in my opinion. i've never been a fan of Loooong names but i'm just in love with all of these.

traditional spelling Declan was misleading as far as pronunciation goes to me, and i always wanted to say "dee-clan"...but the "Dek" spelling seems to keep me straight and say "Deck-Lan" ) Deklan means "full of goodness"...and we believe our baby boy will be consumed with goodness and kindness because that's what we plan on teaching him!

lastly, Cruz...I just love the modern & simple 'wow' factor it brings. The meaning of Cruz is "bearer of the Cross of Christ"

our last name is Gillespie.

my hubby still isn't fully convinced of this full name. he's kinda like i was...it's too long! but something about it just makes me smile when i say it. i've been playing with baby names since i was in 6th grade in junior high! i'm now almost 29 years old. hubby is 36. this will be our first child. not prego yet....taking my first round of clomid right now. i had PCOS most all of my life and have recently lost 130 lbs due to weight loss surgery and now no longer have PCOS...so we are getting things lined out and ready to start our lil family and we are beyond excited. we have been married for almost 7 years. been "trying" since year 2 but with no medical help. just doing what we knew to do...haha. i have a gut feeling it's coming soon though - so i'm researching and preparing now.

let me know what you think of the overall flow of the name and your views on the meaning. also if you have any other ideas, feel free to share!

Please, please, please spell Phoenix correctly. Fenyx is awful and does not make the name more unusual, manly, rugged, etc. It just looks like you can't spell. Phoenix is not traditional and does not need a "spelling flare."

Phoenix Deklan Cruz is okay but not my style at all. Deklan's meaning is unknown; any source that claims to have an exact meaning is lying. So if you are choosing that name solely for the meaning, I would go ahead and strike it off the list. I think Phoenix Cruz sounds better anyway.

I absolutely LOVE Phoenix Declan Cruz (spelled like this). The name is definitely both rugged AND meaningful, but spelled properly, it will also look manly and appropriate on say...resumes, wedding invitations, business cards etc in the future.

I really really love the flow, the reasons you chose the names, and the over-all combination! I have a feeling you'll get similar reactions from others on here. It's a great name, and it's really cool and unique! I also don't think it's too long at all. You have a fabulous name here - my ONLY advice is to reconsider spelling - seriously, it'll cause headaches for you and for him!

Good luck starting your family!!
    Last edited by claireelise; July 22nd, 2012 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    Please, please, please spell Phoenix correctly. Fenyx is awful and does not make the name more unusual, manly, rugged, etc. It just looks like you can't spell. Phoenix is not traditional and does not need a "spelling flare."

Phoenix Deklan Cruz is okay but not my style at all. Deklan's meaning is unknown; any source that claims to have an exact meaning is lying. So if you are choosing that name solely for the meaning, I would go ahead and strike it off the list. I think Phoenix Cruz sounds better anyway.
    this exactly.

I agree with this poster.

Quote Originally Posted by claireelise View Post
    I absolutely LOVE Phoenix Declan Cruz (spelled like this). The name is definitely both rugged AND meaningful, but spelled properly, it will also look manly and appropriate on say...resumes, wedding invitations, business cards etc in the future.

I really really love the flow, the reasons you chose the names, and the over-all combination! I have a feeling you'll get similar reactions from others on here. It's a great name, and it's really cool and unique! I also don't think it's too long at all. You have a fabulous name here - my ONLY advice is to reconsider spelling - seriously, it'll cause headaches for you and for him!

Good luck starting your family!!
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate