Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Celine/Selene

Celine/Selene

What do you think of Celine/Selene? What spelling do you prefer? I like it more or some days, and then other days all I can think of is Celine Dion or saline, or prefer Selena. But I think it's a really pretty name overall, I would love to see it used more!
    Favourites at the moment ♥

Leah, Scarlett, Sophie, Claire, Vivian, Madeleine, Evangeline, Selena, Gillian, Nina, Mila, Heidi, Isla, Hazel, Annabelle, Lydia, Celia, Violet, Genevieve
    Elias, Eli, Dominic, Thatcher, Graham, Noel, Nolan, Chase, Mattias, Dean, Cole, Blake, Daniel, Ash, Rhys, Julian, Callum, Kieran, Aidan, Ronan

I don't mind Celine. I prefer it with a C than the Selene spelling because I think it gets dangerously close to saline like you mentioned. I think its a nice way to get a unique sound that still seems familiar to people.

I prefer the Selene spelling in looks, but I prefer the meaning of Celine over Selene. The latter refers to an ancient goddess, the former refers to heaven. However it's spelled, I love it. It sounds dainty and twinkly and pretty. Celine was on our list--our top choice for a while actually--but an unfortunate personal incident has knocked it right off our list. I still love it for someone else, though, and think it would be beautiful on a baby, child, teen, adult, all the way on up through life. It would make a wonderful choice.

Celine has too much of a Celine Dion association for me. But I also don't like the look of Selene. I think Selena is the best option out of the 3.

I prefer Celine as a first name (though the Celine Dion association is pretty heavy), and Selene as a middle name.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"