Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle Name for our Rainbow Baby

After 3 consecutive miscarriages, we are expecting again. I am nervous but very thankful for this blessing. I need help with middle names. I want something that has a meaning to honor our losses or the journey we have been on. So far I have looked up names that have meant strength (obviously we've had a lot of that) or names that mean "from God," "blessing," or "this child was wanted." The only name I have found out of that search that I have loved is Bridget. Also, I am due in March 2013 and have considered an Irish middle. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

First name will be:
    Girl: Serena or Bridget
    Boy: Thatcher

I like the sound of Bridget Serena and Serena Bridget. Other ideas might include:

David - "beloved"
    Malachi - "my messenger" /"angel"
    Victoria or Vincent - could have meaning in your ultimate victory and strength of having a child

Lucky names -
    Felicia
    Felicity

Felix

Blessed names -
    Beatrice
    Beatrix -(also nice because it can mean "traveller" since you mention the journey that you have had to make)
    Edith

Asher
    Benedict
    Bennett
    Eamon -Irish variation of Edmund
    Edmund
    Edric
    Edward
    Simon (means "he has heard" which you could interpret as your prayers having been heard and answered in this child)

Strength names -
    Alastriona - Irish fem. version of Alexander (al-as-TREE-na)
    Treasa (Irish Gaelic)
    Valeria
    Willa

Alexander
    Angus - Irish - "one strength" - I love this one for you.
    Conall ("strong wolf" in Gaelic -might work as an Irish middle name)
    William

"Gift" names -
    Darina
    Dorothea
    Dorothy

Jesse
    Mattan
    Theodore

Irish names that I recommend:
    Finola
    Honora
    Maeve
    Neve
    Nora / Norah

Brendan
    Connor
    Cormac
    Declan
    Dermot
    Desmond
    Donovan
    Fergus
    Lorcan - "little fierce one" - another one I really like for you
    Oisín
    Patrick
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico, Gianfranco, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa, Valerio
    Katarina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Romana, Alba, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirellina, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Cordelia, Leona/Leonie

Bridget is a fabulous and underused name! Beautiful choice! I like Serena too. I'm wishing you all the best
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve).

Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve).

Zoe is Greek for life...I think that would be a lovely middle name.
    Chloe is Greek for spring...spring is the season of new life.
    Any spring name would be most fitting, IMO.

Hope is a really uplifting name as well...I love Serena Hope!

Best wishes!
    Sallie