Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle Name for our Rainbow Baby

After 3 consecutive miscarriages, we are expecting again. I am nervous but very thankful for this blessing. I need help with middle names. I want something that has a meaning to honor our losses or the journey we have been on. So far I have looked up names that have meant strength (obviously we've had a lot of that) or names that mean "from God," "blessing," or "this child was wanted." The only name I have found out of that search that I have loved is Bridget. Also, I am due in March 2013 and have considered an Irish middle. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

First name will be:
    Girl: Serena or Bridget
    Boy: Thatcher

I like the sound of Bridget Serena and Serena Bridget. Other ideas might include:

David - "beloved"
    Malachi - "my messenger" /"angel"
    Victoria or Vincent - could have meaning in your ultimate victory and strength of having a child

Lucky names -
    Felicia
    Felicity

Felix

Blessed names -
    Beatrice
    Beatrix -(also nice because it can mean "traveller" since you mention the journey that you have had to make)
    Edith

Asher
    Benedict
    Bennett
    Eamon -Irish variation of Edmund
    Edmund
    Edric
    Edward
    Simon (means "he has heard" which you could interpret as your prayers having been heard and answered in this child)

Strength names -
    Alastriona - Irish fem. version of Alexander (al-as-TREE-na)
    Treasa (Irish Gaelic)
    Valeria
    Willa

Alexander
    Angus - Irish - "one strength" - I love this one for you.
    Conall ("strong wolf" in Gaelic -might work as an Irish middle name)
    William

"Gift" names -
    Darina
    Dorothea
    Dorothy

Jesse
    Mattan
    Theodore

Irish names that I recommend:
    Finola
    Honora
    Maeve
    Neve
    Nora / Norah

Brendan
    Connor
    Cormac
    Declan
    Dermot
    Desmond
    Donovan
    Fergus
    Lorcan - "little fierce one" - another one I really like for you
    Oisín
    Patrick
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

Bridget is a fabulous and underused name! Beautiful choice! I like Serena too. I'm wishing you all the best
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

Zoe is Greek for life...I think that would be a lovely middle name.
    Chloe is Greek for spring...spring is the season of new life.
    Any spring name would be most fitting, IMO.

Hope is a really uplifting name as well...I love Serena Hope!

Best wishes!
    Sallie