Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by conley View Post
    This is just my personal opinion, I think it is WAY too late to change her name. Way.
    I agree with this.

I don't think it's too late to change her name or that it will harm her if you do. I'm much more concerned about how the event would play out in your family--both your immediate one and your extended one, including close friends. I feel the only really graceful way to pull off a name change would be to create some kind of really fun/noble ceremony to do so--and I'm not sure how Finley would take to that unless a special role could be created for her as well. My husband is so down-to-earth and practical it's hard for me to even imagine him going along with this if I were in your shoes, but maybe yours is more open so it could work out. My vote is always for the greatest good. Would changing her name make most of the people in your lives happier?

I think it's not too late to change her name particularly if it something close. I stopped calling my daughter Katie and switched to her given name of Katharine when she was about 3. Katharine is not as close to Katie as Cleo is to Chloe.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Stella, Lucy, Grace, or Elizabeth
    Future boy: Peter or Thomas

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm still searching for something that I love and think would be perfect on her. I think Chloe is a beautiful name, but I don't want her to have a generic name since she is so special to me. While it is a great idea to find a name that sounds similar to Chloe, such as Cleo or Clover, I don't like them as much as I like Chloe. I tried Cleo for a bit, and it just didn't fit. Also, I've heard quite a few references to Miss Cleo. Clover, in theory is very pretty, but when said aloud sounds too much like Grover to me. So, as Pam said it is troubling that I don't have a name in mind. I might have to use a nickname, such as Scout, or call her June. If I do come up with a name that I love for her, I will add it to the front of her name and keep Chloe June as middle names. I have found and heard suggestions of names that I like but not that I love enough to change her name. Please keep ideas and suggestions flowing! Thanks so much!!!

Just a quick note, I was not being serious when I said, "Poor thing will have an identity crisis!"