Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the thoughtful suggestions. I really like Piper and Clover, but don't seem to work with our crazy last name. I also toyed with Cleo for a bit, since it is so similar to Chloe but more unique. I will think these over-thanks!

I think it's too late...unless maybe you do June, Juno, Cleo, Clio, Claudette, Claudie ect...something really close to what she's used to. Obviously I think naming/names are important (I mean I am obsessed with this forum) but I think that a child's life/identity/feelings of self worth are WAY more important!

I mean what if you find the 'perfect' name & next year that's the name of the biggest celeb baby or some horrible criminal or next years deadly hurricane? At some point her name is just her and imo that happens once she turns her head when you call it out.

I am going to send you a PM........I think you should follow your heart.
    Last edited by norskelove; July 21st, 2012 at 09:04 PM.

I personally felt bad changing my dog's name from what the pound called her...so this topic has been disturbing me. We changed her name from Crystal to Pistol and for a transition period we called her Istol!

I just think that this should be about Chloe and her feelings not you & yours.

Cleo / Clio is cute, but it's not that unique & what if it surges in popularity? Will you dislike it in that case? Is this name thing about your image? Is this discontent really not about names at all? Do you have a lot of stuff going on that is outside of your control so you're focusing on something that you can change?

It sounds like you & your partner didn't communicate very well in the hospital when you were picking a name. Maybe these feelings of discontent go back to that?

I think you need to reevaluate whether this is about the name or if it goes deeper.

Also take some time to think about how it might feel to be called something new suddenly & be told your old name is gone now. Does Chloe June ever hear you talk about how great Finley's name is and how cringe-worthy her name is to you?

I think that this could make Chloe feel that life isn't stable & her identity isn't her own and that she is like an item that you can change & switch up according to your moods or the current trends.
    Your older daughter could pick up on this too.

Another potential idea could be that you live with the name for like 5 more years & if you really can't stand it Chloe can help pick a new name...at least it could be fun for her. Though Finley would probably want to do the same!