Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tullia

A friend of mine has a FB friend called Tulia. (Spelled that way). She's Finnish (Tulia, not the friend.)

I think it looks gorgeous, but only if it's pronounced to rhyme with Julia (not 'Tully -uh'), which I'm presuming it is...?

How did your parents find the name Tullia pre-Internet? : D. I mean, I'm guessing books, but curious if there's another story. Or did they "create" it to get to Tully?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Tully & Tullia both came from a book of names. Sadly, the book has disappeared; it had the shortlist of boys & girls names for me written inside the cover which made it a nice little keepsake.

Recently I met my first ever other Tullia, and I asked if she gets called Tully and she said "no, never!" as if I was crazy...
    Last edited by lrmum; July 21st, 2012 at 06:35 AM.

@jeska (nice handle ; ) )! - So interesting! I have Finnish heritage. I think I have a vague memory of seeing Tuulia out there, will have to research Tulia.

@lrmum - that must have been a neat feeling on the whole to meet her : D. Although I have a hard time seeing her having the name and not getting Tully at least occasionally, too! I mean maybe if you didn't like it and were clear about it, it wouldn't be often, but still. That is the shame the book has disappeared. I hope it shows up!

Tullia is gorgeous, I recently mentioned it in nameberry post because it has been on my mind since reading this blog entry on "Baby Names From Yesteryear"

Tullia - Tullia Ciceronis was the beloved daughter of the great orator Cicero. After her death in childbirth, a grief-stricken Cicero wrote 'I have lost the one thing that bound me to life'. Although her name has no known meaning, her largely untold story is enough to captivate anyone.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

I think Tullia is lovely! Very, very pretty.
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iluna, Iris, Sela, Seraphine
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Felix, Gideon