Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samson?

Samson?

Hi. I am 35 weeks... and I broke down and went to the 3d sonogram place and found out the gender of the baby,
    I was going to keep it a surprise but I just couldn't wait! :-) I thought I was having a girl, now I find out I'm having a boy... no boy name picked out!

Dad's Persian/Muslim.

We want a name that shortens to Sam. At first I was thinking Samuel

Now I'm thinking Samson instead of Samuel, because it's a little more different and edgy.
    Is it a bad idea to name a Persian kid samson?
    It feels kind of controversial to me...

I like the name Samson a lot...

Is there a Persian connection I'm not aware of? It's not like Vashti or Esther.
    I don't think there's any connection to the Qur'an but unless that's an issue?
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

Sampson
    Samir
    Samad

Although i prefer just Samuel
    Boys: Desmond | Ender | Foxander | Korben | Tobias | Grayson | Finn | Lincoln
    Girls: Emmalina | Cordelia | Ophelia | Amelia | Fiona | Willow | Evelyn | Delilah

Click the link, type your future baby name and see how it looks!

http://www.parenting.com/Pregnancy/B...D=2&typeID=810

Samir is Arabic meaning a friend to walk with in the evening. That's so coooool.

I seriously considered Samson for our son but it didn't sound good with our last name (too many "S" sounds and too rhymey). We ended up with Samuel, which is perfect for him and I can't picture him as anything else. I do love the unusual nature of Samson, though -- it's such a great name. As to the Persian question, I can't think of anything, but I'm not a biblical scholar. All I know is he was strong and had his hair cut off and then wasn't strong (I guess I know a little more than that, but that's the gist of it). That's the Bible, though -- I have no knowledge whatsoever of the Qu'ran. However, if your son has Arabic roots, my vote is absolutely for Samir. That is the best of both worlds and is an absolutely gorgeous name. If that's not up your alley, I'd like to throw Samad out for consideration. Still gets you Sam and has a different feel. Also a great name.