Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Some lovely name suggestions. I do like Calla, Cora and Ellen. Mabli is so cute but I'm not sure my DH will approve. I have always liked Tess and Zoe but they have already been used by friends recently.

Morgana, Morwenna, Rowena and Winnifred (though I can't stand the nn Winnie and think it might be inevitable with this one, so I personally would avoid it) are stunning...

And I think of Megan as a new classic in the US. It's well-known, cute and not clunky or overly traditional-sounding - but all the new spelling variations could cause issues.

I can't help liking Bronwen and Blodwen, but they're probably far too traditional/stereotypical for your needs.

Funnily enough one of my Grandmothers was Blodwen. We would always laugh about what an awful nn Blod was! Winnie was a family dog and I agree with you another nn I would rather not give a little girl. Morgan was always a boys name, that may have changed since I lived in Wales. Thanks for the suggestions, it's nice getting some input as DH and DS are being so negative!

Oh, and Megan is a lovely name but I know so many Megs and Megans on both sides of the pond.

this is off the beaten path but thought i would just throw it out there - did you ever consider anglicizing Dafyyd's name for use in the US? to David or some other similar name? maybe this sounds awful to you, you just seemed to be ingesting over the impact it will have over life that i thought you might want to think about this since he is still very young - not necessarily a legal change, just fro school purposes or wherever. THen he could know his welsh name and the version he uses here? ignore if you think this is a terrible idea - i just thought i'd throw it out there. i work with people form other countries that have anglicized their names so just thought i'd suggest it as a possibility