Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Little sister for Eleanor

We are having a hard time deciding on a name for our second daughter (due Sept)! Our first daughter's name is Eleanor Marie. We like traditional/old fashioned names but get stuck on names that start with vowels. We are not opposed to using the same letter but can't seem to agree on one name! Here is our current list:
    Hazel
    Charlotte - my favorite but we live in Charlotte and hubby doesn't like "Charlotte from Charlotte"
    Emily
    Elizabeth
    Olivia
    Abigail

Any thoughts?!

The middle name will either be Keen or Lee (both family names)....

Thanks!!

I'm planning to use Eleanor for my first daughter, so I've given this a bit of thought. From your list, I think Hazel, Charlotte, and Abigail would work wonderfully. I'm less of a fan of Emily and Elizabeth (though they still are lovely) because I don't care for sibling names starting with the same letter, but that's just me.

Other ideas:

Adele
    Sadie
    Amelia
    Iris
    Georgia/Georgina
    Louisa
    Josephine
    Susannah
    Adelaide
    Ada
    Rosalind
    Genevieve
    Expecting a baby boy in November 2013

I think Hazel works best with both middle name choices, and it's my favorite on your list (besides Charlotte ... but I agree with your husband, sorry). I think it also works with Eleanor

Eleanor & Hazel <3
    Love

Jason ~ Matthew ~ Ryan ~ Thomas ~ Shane
    Kari * Serena * Kristen * Ariel * Meredith

Guilty

Perseus ~ Bartholomew ~ Harvey ~ Jude ~ Darien
    Veronica * Sakura * Winry * Miriam * Raven

I think that I like Hazel the most with Eleanor. My second favorite would have to be AbigailI also like Charlotte, but I do have to agree that the "Charlotte from Charlotte" would become annoying. I do like Emily and Olivia, but I also think they have been too trendy for the past decade. As much as I love Elizabeth, it's a lot with Eleanor... I definitely think the "El" pattern would be hard to deal with.

I really like the previous posters suggestion of Iris, I think that would be lovely. Grace is always a winner and I think it sounds wonderful with Eleanor. Good luck!

Love the name Eleanor. Agree with others that you might not want to start an "El" trend.

Of your choices, Hazel and Abigail are my favorites. Charlotte is beautiful, but a no-go for me if I lived in Charlotte. I live in GA and wouldn't name my daughter Georgia. :-)

I second some of @celestemilmun's suggestions. What about...
    Louisa Keen
    Susannah Lee
    Ada Keen
    Amelia Keen
    Adelaide Keen
    Genevieve Lee

A few other thoughts...
    Adeline Keen
    Frances Keen/Lee
    Anneliese Keen
    Virginia Lee