Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanda?

Wanda?

I just heard about a little girl named Wanda in our area.

I'm curious as to what your reaction would be if you heard this name on a little girl.

My reaction was "That's interesting." I'm not sure if it was a family name, but I think she wears it well.

That's an unexpected name! My initial thought was of the character from the Magic School Bus videos named Wanda . I'm usually open to names that might be described as "dated," but this would be an exception. I think it would be hard to modernize Wanda. That being said, some kids have a knack for making a not-so-great name seem cute and fresh.

I agree, that is unexpected. I don't love it. Sure, it's unique, but I personally have a hard time picturing it on a young girl today.
    - Meghan

My name list

To be honest, the first things I think of are an old lady and the fairy god mother on Fairly Odd Parents. I don't think it's a horrible name, it just doesn't have great associations.
    I'm Erin, a teenaged writer who loves names (and dessert).

Girls names of the moment: Delaney | Eleanor | Georgia | Kate | Lucy
    Boys names of the moment: Felix | Harry | Liam | Theo | Tobias

A fish named?
    I admit, my first fish' name was Wanda, I am therefore very attracted to it!
    My favourite W girls name.
    Top Girls: Tessa, Audrey, Joyce nn Joy, Harriet, Lynn, Regina nn Reggie, Diana, Ivy, Anthea NN Thea
    Top Boys: Theodore nn Theo, Quade, Miles, Cormac, Keith, Isaac, Jude, Flynn, Max.

Irish name Indulgances: Donncha, Padraig, Méabh, Gráinne.