Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Noble and Atlas

Post Noble and Atlas

Noble Sage
    Atlas Grae

Been loving these two names for boys lately. What do you guys think? Do they sound like a good sibset? The Grae spelling is in honor of my little brother, Brae.

Atlas is one of my all-time favorite names. He's a strong classic with an intriguing myth and solid history of use. Noble, on the other hand, strikes me as a thoroughly modern word name -- and a rather snooty one at that (why not just call him "Aristocrat" or "Jermajesty"?). I would pair Atlas with another ancient name (Evander, Pollux) or a word/occupation name like Archer, Arrow, or Pilot -- sleek, modern-sounding, with strong and interesting meanings.

Noble is actually a virtue name with a long history of use. I really like it for a boy, even more so than Atlas. Both are perfectly nice and intriguing names, though.

I would consider longer middle names for Noble and Atlas. Sage and Grae both feel like letdowns after such strong first names.

Thanks for the input! And you may be right about that. The more I think about it, the more I feel there aren't enough syllables in either name. I think a longer middle would flow better with both.

And yes, Noble is not a modern word name at all. In fact, it has a rather rich history of use.

"Noble was actually on the Social Security list from at least 1880 to 1954, reaching as high as 312 in 1901."

Wishing for Greece, stuck in the US
    I love Noble and Atlas! So cool and handsome. I actually like the middles just fine. There's no rule that says a name has to have a certain length to be great! I love the way Sage and Grae sound with these names. LOVE! ^_^ -- My Amazon Author Page

Represented by:

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th, 2013
    Amelia Lorien Sophia -- December 2015.