Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WDYT of Immy?

WDYT of Immy?

I really like Immy, but it sounds like a nickname. Do you know any names that would suit this as a nickname?

Just letting you know, not Imogen please!!

I really like the name Monday with the nickname Immy, but is it too much of a stretch?

Thanks...

~Jasmine
    Jude, blackbird.

Amelia \//\ Goldy \//\ Halcyon /\\/ Hero \//\ Frances /\\/ Marian \//\ Olive /\\/ Poppy \//\ Robin

Ok so Immy as the nickname and not Imogen. I'm all for interesting names, but I'm not sure how I'd like growing up as a "Monday" seeing as Monday is the dreaded start of the work week and the "case of the Mondays". Not great associations, but not the worst in the world.

Other ideas to consider as the long form of Immy:

Aimee
    Cosima
    Decima
    Demetria
    Immaculada
    Imani
    Imelda
    Imperia
    Jamie
    Jessamine
    Kimana / Kimani
    Martimana
    Massima
    Maxima
    Mimosa
    Olimpia / Olympia
    Primavera
    Primevère
    Primrose
    Salima
    Septima
    Ultima
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie

It took me a moment to figure out how you were getting Immy from Monday. So yes, I think it's a stretch. Some people may not get it at all.

Imelda is the only thing I thought of.

Thank you both for your suggestions, but I don't particularly LOVE any of those names...

Any more suggestions?

~Jasmine
    Jude, blackbird.

Amelia \//\ Goldy \//\ Halcyon /\\/ Hero \//\ Frances /\\/ Marian \//\ Olive /\\/ Poppy \//\ Robin

I'm not fond of Immy, but if you like it then it is definitely best as a nickname. How about (some of these may be a stretch):
    Artemisia
    Bellamy
    Boheme
    Bonamie
    Camelia
    Cimarron
    Dimity
    Dominica
    Domino
    Emerald
    Fiamma
    Glimmer