Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfair Sibsets

DH's subset is Reuben, Jared and Andrew. I always think it seems a little mismatched, like an unusual OLd Testament name, a trendy name (for the late 70s) and a classic common Biblical name. I am not a fan of starting sib names with the same letter on purpose, but I can understand, like my friend has two little girls and her MIL monograms dresses, and the friend wanted the second girlto be able to wear the beautiful dresses too, so she stuck with A names. I'm good with that, as long as you truly love the name and aren't forcing it. If our second had been a boy, our fav name would have started with the same letter as our first son's name. I was reluctant to use it bc of that, but eventually came to be ok with it. However we had a girl, so didn't have to worry about it. Rhyming names are bad, esp on twins. Ugh! Just cannot see the appeal! We have some friends who were seriously considering naming their DD Ella, and they already have an Elijah. Thankfully they went with a totally different name. My SIL (who incidentally stole my girl name a few yrs back) has a mismatched set, IMO. She has Lilly-Anne and Kelton (boy). Cannot stand Kelton and think its so weird with Lilly Anne.
    Mom to Seth Andrew and Madeline Frances

Other current favorites (girls): Rosemary, Elizabeth, Tessa, Susanna, Katherine; (boys): Noel, Spencer, Patrick, Rory, Alexander

I know a woman with a little boy named Arthur, and she just had a little baby girl and named her Neveah.

Arthur and Neveah... I must admit that, together, I find them very jarring.
    Trends, styles and quirks of British names:
    www.britishbabynames.com

This discussion has come up many times in life as my siblings and I have uneven names. Vanessa, Jerica and Steven. A few years ago my brother asked me "How come you and Jerica got awesome names and I got stuck with Steven?"
    To which I replied, "That's easy, Dad named you, nough said". I actully named my sister at age 4. I loved names even then.
    I feel bad when I see a family with a Jillian, Samatha and Martha. It's worse when it's twins. I know twins named Summer and Marilyn.
    Mama to Vincent Robert "Vince" Age 3. 5th Generation "V" and Henry Donovan "Hanky Pank" "Spanky" 10/27/11.

My brothers are Daryl and Evan, and my sister and I are Maurilia and Ella. I would say there is some discrepancy with my parents name style lol.

I know four brothers named Patriot, Jet, Saint (like the American football teams) and....Josiah. Their sisters are Belle, Ida, and Betty.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996