Names Searched Right Now:
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Unfair Sibsets

I know a girl who's first daughter was named Sunshine because she was relatively young and going through a "hippie phase" when she was born. After that, the names became much more streamlined--Nicki, Mary, Keegan, etc.

I think this is pretty common when there's a large gap between the children's ages or they're different "families" (read: half-siblings).
    Wilde West

Not yet a mother; always a name nerd.

Potential West Babes: Alexander Mansfield | Samuel Forrester | Harrison Everest | William Ashcroft | Christopher Atlas
    | Lorelei Elise| Artemis Elm | Wilhelmina Briar|

Guilty Pleasures: Adlai | Eos | Rowen | Oriana | Anoa | Seraphina | Bryony | Dahlia

I'm struggling with names a lot lately because my favorite boy's name is Jack, but my favorite girl's name is...Anastasia. Sigh. And then I love Sage for either a boy or a girl. My taste has no cohesion at all!

You know how things that seem totally normal when you're a kid because they're just a part of your world can become more and more bizarre as you get older and realize how utterly NOT normal they are in comparison with the "real" world?

I grew up with great-uncles W1ll1@m Re1mer and Re1mer W1ll1@m. ..... ......

A) What the heck is a Re1mer???

B) Yes. They are twins.

C) We called them Uncl3 W.R. and Uncl3 R.W. And of course being in the South, W is pronounced "dubya"

Craziness.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

When Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller welcomed their twins Bob and Max I couldn't help but cringe. It's like naming your kids Anne and Emmeline. I hate how parents don't take into account the degrees of the names they are naming their children.
    “She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”
    - J.D. Salinger

Quote Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
    With all the sibset threads out there I think this issue is more important.

To me it's less important if siblings names match or have similar origins or letters and more important that they are equal in strangeness and in beauty.
    THIS! This is exactly what I will strive for in my future children's "sibset"--and why I think that so many of us are obsessed with sibsets!

pet peeves: nicknames as given names; unconventional spellings; masculine names on girls
    not-so-guilty pleasures: five-syllable girls' names; virtue and nature names; over-the-top antique names for boys
    (if i repeat name suggestions in a thread, it's because i like them! no apologies here for repeats of great names! )

IF YOU LOVE IT, USE IT!