Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    What about Alexei instead of Alexander?

I love the idea of giving him a name that works in both Russian and English, i think it's a special way to remember his roots without necessarily making him stand out too much. Or you could do a Russian name with an English nickname - like Nick for Nikolai. Or Ilya comes from Elijah - maybe you could use one as the given name and one as the nickname, or something along those lines.
    For name that work decently in both places, what about:

Adam
    Adrian
    Andrei/Andre
    Anton
    Carl/Karl
    Daniel
    Denis
    Dominic
    Felix
    Gregory
    Ivan
    Leon
    Michael nn Misha
    Marko/Marco
    Philip
    Roman
    Viktor/Victor
    Zachary

Alexander, Alexei, Michael, Peter, Andrew, Constantine, Ivan, Theodore (Fyodor), Basil, Paul, Dmitri, George (Yuri), Nicholas, Stephen, are just a few of the classic names that have Russian roots and connections, especially through the Russian Orthodox Church, which shares the Greek patriarch names. Names that are from traditional Christianity -- such as the names of the apostles and early church founders -- are also common in Russia, especially now that the soviet influence in naming is gone. My sister's oldest two are half-Russian and they are Peter and Alexandra.

Bianca is a very common name for girls in Russia!

Hubs is from Russia and so our children have to have a name that is easily transferable to his family there. There are lots of names I could give you but here a just a few that are just as easy on the America ear as they are to the Russian ear. Each of these is used in Russia frequently:

Roman
    Victor
    Dennis
    Andre

a neat sounding name that you don't hear here much but isn't too foreign sounding is Vladik. Vladik also my nephews name. Never met him. Btw Andrei is also my nephew and Victor is my brother in law. The other is Alexander but he is called Sasha. I you want the 'nicknames' for the more exotic names (example Vasilly, Anton, Nicolai) just let me know.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by bonbon; June 27th, 2012 at 10:48 PM.

I think the name Lev is fantastic. Has shades of 'Levi', but not as trendy. Easy to say/spell. And just...cool.

I like Roman and Alexei like other people have mentioned, especially Roman.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves