Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Definitely Catherine. It's my middle name, so any other spelling looks wrong to me and I also dislike K names. And, tbh, I think of Kathryn as a different name almost, it just has such a different feeling to it.

I also don't see why Kate, Katie and Kitty can't be used as nicknames for Catherine. They have been for centuries and I don't think it's a particularly difficult concept to grasp.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I prefer Katherine or Catherine. Although they're not noticeable in speech, I love the extra syllables. It's almost as if they add a sort of deliberation? I love it.
    i'm seventeen and i think everyone deserves to have sincere thought put into their name.
    girls - hero, sawyer, oona, ellis, rita, dolores, esther, kennedy, thea.
    boys - oscar, abraham (abe), arthur, paul, israel, howard (hal), buddy (bud), peter, sam.

I'm part of that minority on here that likes Kathryn. It tends to get shortened to Kat in my experience, and it's spelled PRECISELY how I pronounce it. Two syllables. Soft, long vowels all around.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

If I had to name a daughter this name, I'd go with Catherine. I'm partial to the letter C. However, I like all of the aforementioned spellings.

1. Catherine/Katherine
    2. Kathryn
    3. Katharine

I don't care for Katharine as much as the others... The second a looks out of place to me.

In as much as you can say that one version or another of a very classic name with multiple classical spellings looks more modern than the others...

Catherine has more of an early mid-century vibe to it, imo, Kathryn more of a late mid-century, and Katherine part of the return to classicism. Catherine (nn Cathy) was born before 1950. Kathryn (nn Kathy) was a contemporary of Debra and Tammy, born in the 60s/70s. Katherine (nn Kate) is the new girl at work who thinks her upcoming 25th birthday is the end of the world.

I'm also getting a bit of a chuckle out of the 'modern' spellings discussion. Henry VIII's three wives (who are variously handed down as Catherine, Katherine, or Kathryn) all signed their names with a 'k' (...this is a nice mess..., The signatures of the six wives of Henry VIII.*).