Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Those are all fully accepted spellings of the name. I had ancestors named Katharine and Catharine. If I had had several daughters, I would have used it as a middle name and would have chosen the spelling CATHERINE, which I slightly prefer. However, for someone who wants to use it as a first name with the nn Kate, I can see one of the K spellings as a better option. I would use the e (rather than a) in the middle only because I think it would result in fewer misspellings.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve.

I like it spelled Catherine because I think it looks elegant, refined, and maybe even a little bit medieval. I do prefer nn Kate though I think it's fine even if Catherine proper is spelled with a C rather than a K (Princess Kate, anyone?). Actress Cate Blanchett manages to pull off the nn with a C (though admittedly maybe only because she's Cate Blanchett).

Catherine would be a certain front-runner for a future daughter if we did not already have a son named Caspian (too matchy for my taste).
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

My name is Catherine and before I started learning about names, that was the only one I preferred because it seemed the most classic. However, depending on where you originate from, the "original" or "classic" spelling could be any number of spellings, including Katherine and Katharine (which I believe is the original Greek spelling). The only spellings I don't like are those with "ryn" at the end because they seem like youneek versions (albeit created long ago) of the classic originals, although I admit maybe there is a culture that spells it that way that I am not aware of.

I have also known Catherines who went by Cate (which I always wished I could pull off), Cait, and Catie.

my fav spelling is Kathryn ((:
    16 year old girl in year 11 (: I write when I can so I'm always on the lookout for new names

Girls: Melody, Briar, Arabella, Tempest, Zoey, London, Zara, Peyton, Sadie, Rani, Liora, Jordan
    Boys: Jackson, Rixon, Seamus, Jai, Claude, Carter, Asher, Rhys, Rian (prn Ree-an), Levi, Leo, Joey, Harper, Damien, Sebastian, Jasper

I love the Catherine spelling. It makes me cringe, though, when people use Kate (with the k) as a nn for Catherine. If you want the nn Kate, please spell it Katherine or one of the k versions.
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama