Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Those are all fully accepted spellings of the name. I had ancestors named Katharine and Catharine. If I had had several daughters, I would have used it as a middle name and would have chosen the spelling CATHERINE, which I slightly prefer. However, for someone who wants to use it as a first name with the nn Kate, I can see one of the K spellings as a better option. I would use the e (rather than a) in the middle only because I think it would result in fewer misspellings.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve).

I like it spelled Catherine because I think it looks elegant, refined, and maybe even a little bit medieval. I do prefer nn Kate though I think it's fine even if Catherine proper is spelled with a C rather than a K (Princess Kate, anyone?). Actress Cate Blanchett manages to pull off the nn with a C (though admittedly maybe only because she's Cate Blanchett).

Catherine would be a certain front-runner for a future daughter if we did not already have a son named Caspian (too matchy for my taste).

Mama to C, Z, E, P, D, & G

My name is Catherine and before I started learning about names, that was the only one I preferred because it seemed the most classic. However, depending on where you originate from, the "original" or "classic" spelling could be any number of spellings, including Katherine and Katharine (which I believe is the original Greek spelling). The only spellings I don't like are those with "ryn" at the end because they seem like youneek versions (albeit created long ago) of the classic originals, although I admit maybe there is a culture that spells it that way that I am not aware of.

I have also known Catherines who went by Cate (which I always wished I could pull off), Cait, and Catie.

my fav spelling is Kathryn ((:
    First year Uni student; Speech and Language Pathology

Melody, Briar, Arabella, Tempest, Zoey, London, Zara, Peyton, Sadie, Rani, Liora, Jordan, Kallie, Xia, Poet, Wren, Quinn
    Lachlan, Ryan, Oliver, Benjamin, Jai, Claude, Carter, Asher, Rhys, Rian (prn Ree-an), Levi, Leo, Joey, Harper, Damien, Sebastian, Jasper, Jace

I love the Catherine spelling. It makes me cringe, though, when people use Kate (with the k) as a nn for Catherine. If you want the nn Kate, please spell it Katherine or one of the k versions.
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."

Dalai Lama