Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Girl name ideas

Quote Originally Posted by esu_tina View Post
    I am looking for unique girl names. My husband really likes using a common boy name and using that for a girl. Any ideas?
    I'm confused. Do you want common or unique? A common name is still common even if used on the opposite gender.
    Common is Aiden, Elliott, Mason
    Unique is Arlo, Everton, Memphis

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

My suggestion would be Parker. I always think of it as a boys name, but I know a couple of little girls with the name (one of whom lives in the USA, the other in Australia- so I wouldn't stress about popularity too much) and I love it on a girl as well.

I believe that it is a more common name for girls in the US than it is in Australia though.

I also like
    Leigh
    Jordan
    Bennett
    Arlo
    Jamie
    Rory (always suited Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls)
    Laurence
    One Day: Sullivan Webster and Hazel Hilary

"And so with all things: names were vital and important." ~ Algernon H. Blackwood

How about Sutton? I've been crushing on it since seeing it on 'The Lying Game'. Sounds kind of like a boys name, but I've only seen it on a couple of girls.

When I had my last son, I used some resources like the social security site and baby names site and I found a baby names book that gave me a lot of cool ideas but we still couldn't agree on a name,and called him Rowan in the end. This is not a commonly used name and can also be used for a girl.....one name I really liked ,for a boy,(but my partner didn`t) was Edan. It is Gaelic (but used very infrequently) and it means- little fiery one. I thought it was fitting as my son was born red and screaming!! Its also cute without being too feminine. Hope this helps

Here is the thing. No one can stop or change this trend of using boy names on girls. I have seen James (and other traditionally male names) on the girl side of 100 year old social security lists. It isn't new and it isn't going to stop. It would be more constructive to help people with an interest in these names rather than attacking their decision. For example, a girl named Maxwell is probably going to have an easier time than a girl named Walter.

Frances
    Leo
    Jasper
    Jude
    August
    Dylan
    Frankie
    Emerson
    Rivers
    Maddox
    Linus
    Beatrix - Fleur - Minnow - Zelda - Fern - Winifred - Poet