Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can we name our daughter Siena?

My husband and I love the name Siena ( we finally agree). Our last name is miller. Can we call our daughter (due in 2 days) Siena given the actress Siena miller?

Well I see nothing wrong with it, but it's really a personal decision. I also have never heard of Siena Miller.

Do you mind the association? Do you mind if someone comes up at says "like after Siena Miller?" If you do then I wouldn't, but if not, then I don't see the problem.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I have never heard of Siena Miller, so it's not a problem at all for me.

The actress spells her name Sienna with 2 n's so the Siena spelling might help a little. I think it would be fine. Siena is getting more and more common as a name. I don't think Sienna Miller is that popular though that too many people will make that association. If you were naming her Demi Moore or Salma Hayek or Cher then people would almost certainly make the connection but I don't think Siena Miller is really that "celebrity"

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Quote Originally Posted by dillonsfan01 View Post
    The actress spells her name Sienna with 2 n's so the Siena spelling might help a little. I think it would be fine. Siena is getting more and more common as a name. I don't think Sienna Miller is that popular though that too many people will make that association. If you were naming her Demi Moore or Salma Hayek or Cher then people would almost certainly make the connection but I don't think Siena Miller is really that "celebrity"
    I agree.

I'm not all that up on celebrities, lol, but I think Siena Miller would be great.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter