Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Evil Witch Quality?!

I stumbled across Malgosia the other day and have been tossing it around in my mind, mostly for a middle name. What do everyone think of Malgosia? The Nameberry description says it sounds like an Evil Witch, but I couldn't disagree more. The meaning is pretty, Pearl, and seems to be a diminutive of Margaret or Malgorzata depending on where you look.
    It seems to be pronounced as either Mal-go-see-uh, Mal-go-sha, or maw-GO-seeah, from what my research has turned up. Any insight here?
    Thoughts?

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

Well it does have the "mal" prefix which, in many languages, means 'bad'. So, I would avoid it and would much rather see Pearl as a name (middle or first) instead because it is gorgeous!
    ~* Not Expecting, Just Collecting *~
    Beatrix | Bryony | Cordelia | Eloise | Felicity | Guinevere | Matilda | Penelope | Tabitha | Winifred
    August | Dorian | Ezra | George | Hugo | Leopold | Lysander | Oberon | Theodore | Truman

Yeah, I'm with Nameberry on this one, it is evil witchish to me.

Again, I think it has to do with the Mal- prefix and the -go-.
    Laurel - 2O - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

-------
    Newest thoughts for little ones: Angelo - Caspian - Eden | Isabela - Brisa - Gisele

Ooohh.. Sorry. I think you should steer clear of this one.

It's OK. An 'evil witch' wasn't my first thought, but it's not something which I'd choose. I prefer Magnolia.

I don't like looking up names on Nameberry, though. I can understand why they write something 'personal' for lots of names, but I think it's awfully one-sided and has put me off a few, to be honest, which is a shame.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)