Names Searched Right Now:
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    This thread has been an excellent read, but I'm convinced that the name this OP is looking for is Impossible.

Just thought of some others:
    Eclipse
    Nimbus
    Stratus
    Cirrus
    Weather
    Urchin
    Nautilus
    Lagoon
    Haiku
    Sonnet
    Cinquain
    Diamante
    Irony
    Verse
    Tanka
    Elegy
    Locust
    Cedar
    Pine
    Elm
    Ginkgo
    Hickory
    Avalanche
    Dew
    Dewdrop
    Drizzle
    Hurricane
    Meteor
    Lava
    Tempest
    Tidal
    Wave
    Twister
    Vernal
    Estival
    Cyclone
    Solstice
    Equinox
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Nathaniel

Pinterest | Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I love Opal, and I don't think that it is popular at all. I also like Amity. It is feminine but not frilly, is a word name, has a great meaning, and has nice nicknames (Amy or Minnie come to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by betsy buttercup View Post
    Okay, I'm thinking I might actually be at square one here with baby girl names. As you all are probably sick of hearing about, I used to love Clover but now think it's getting too trendy. I'm a severe trendophobe! I was thinking of another floral name, but perhaps any floral name that's not totally insane (like Moonflower, which is kind of on my list) is going to be seen as trendy ten years from now!

I want some weird but cool girl names that aren't hideously ugly and aren't trendy in the least. I love word names, especially nature ones (which I know is a trend). I also like old lady names (also a trend!). I like dark names (my sons' names are semi- to very villainous-sounding) and intense-sounding names, and names that sound sparkly or magical. Hate unisex or masculine names for girls, won't accept anything top 1000, don't like flowy, "a" filled names that seem to be trending now. Don't want any common nickname to be possible from the name.

Hope you all can help!
    We share a love of "dark" names, intense-sounding names and old lady names.

I haven't read every page of this thread, but would you consider a dark, naturey or old lady name from another language? e.g. Malgosia or Ilma/Ilmatar? (Not sure if those two are too flowy and a-filled for you, though.)

Another thought, Beroe. She was the daughter of Aphrodite and an Argonaut in Greek mythology and it is the genus name of some comb jellies (Ctenophores).

Edit: This starts with a B, so probably not the best choice.