Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Throw some weird ones at me!

Okay, I'm thinking I might actually be at square one here with baby girl names. As you all are probably sick of hearing about, I used to love Clover but now think it's getting too trendy. I'm a severe trendophobe! I was thinking of another floral name, but perhaps any floral name that's not totally insane (like Moonflower, which is kind of on my list) is going to be seen as trendy ten years from now!

I want some weird but cool girl names that aren't hideously ugly and aren't trendy in the least. I love word names, especially nature ones (which I know is a trend). I also like old lady names (also a trend!). I like dark names (my sons' names are semi- to very villainous-sounding) and intense-sounding names, and names that sound sparkly or magical. Hate unisex or masculine names for girls, won't accept anything top 1000, don't like flowy, "a" filled names that seem to be trending now. Don't want any common nickname to be possible from the name.

Hope you all can help!

And I am EXTREMELY picky and will try to tell you what I don't like about names that I don't like in order to help you get a sense of my taste!

Okay, I'll give it a try. These are all names I love, but most of them my husband has stamped as "too weird even for me", whatever that means.

Celesta
    Columba
    Dilys
    Io
    Mauve
    Parisa
    Priya
    Rhonwen
    Tacita
    Tamar
    Thais
    Yolande

This will be tough, but I'll try

Lavender/Lavendula
    Azalea
    Bijou
    Celosia
    Amaryllis
    Acacia
    Assyria
    Zinnea
    Lilac
    Fern
    Delphine
    Snowdrop
    Calantha
    Caspia
    Fresia
    Bouvardia
    Peony
    Safflower
    Saponaria
    Blaithin (Gaelic word for "little flower, pn'd Bla-heen)

Grace, Early 20's and Bride-to-Be...Dreaming of Future Babies.

Lucy Primrose, Alice Juliette, Rose Charlotte, Madeline Sophie, Lillian Faye, Ivy Elena, Amélie Winter.
    Mae Seraphina nn Maisy, Phoebe Luna, Annabella Violet, Kate Susannah.
    Noah Samuel, Rory Joshua, Luca Gabriel, Isaac Beau, Louis Daniel, Henry Rowan, William Elliott, Roman Alexander.

Thanks, esrever88!

Celesta - I do like the name Celestia somewhat, but I think you'd have to give her a shorter nn that wouldn't have the same flavor
    Columba - meh
    Dilys - sounds like Dill, which sounds like a dude/pickles
    Io - not enough
    Mauve - I like, but I think it might be trendy/close to Maude which is trendy even though I know Mauve is a different sound
    Parisa - sounds like Paris, Paris Hilton
    Priya - I know someone named this
    Rhonwen - really dislike Irish names
    Tacita - meh
    Tamar - know TWO people