Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Christabel?

Smile Christabel?

How dated is it and do you like it?

Jessica Emily Faith
    German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Esther- Wade - Romy - Carter

They mash-up seems weird to me. Christa/Christy/Christen/Christina is definately dated where Bel/Belle/Bella is so trendy and popular. Because I don't like dated or trendy names, I'm saying no to this one.

I don't find this to be dated because it has never been very common, certainly not in this century or the 20th. I find this name 3 or 4 times in my family tree in centuries past. I think it sounds somewhat old-fashioned, but in a good way.

I actually like this name, probably because I like most of the other Chris- names, Christina, Christine, etc. (except the nickname Chris or Chrissy) and I like names that end in -bel.

It's kind of a mix - Chris names are now out of fashion, while -bel names are in. I think it works, though.
    Shannon

Some of my Favorite Names:
    Girls: Anna, Alexandra, Anastasia, Lily, Ivy, Isla, Catherine, Cerys, Cara, Ciara, Aislinn, Adriana, Adrienne, Ariana, Alison. Genevieve, Alexa, Fiona, Annabel, Amabel. Angela, Noelle, Amanda, Amelie, Victoria, Sara, Vivienne. Tabitha, Adela, Sylvie
    Boys: Ethan, Nicholas, Aidan, Ciaran, Ian, Liam, Ryan, Justin, John, Cian, Evan, Noah, Brendan, Alexander, Thomas, David, Stephen, Declan, Finn, Flynn.

LOVE this name! And definitely prefer this spelling over Christabelle, which looks too fussy to me.

My first cabbage patch in the 80's when they first came out was Christabelle. I love it spelled either your way or the same as my childhood doll