Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I know one adorable little 3-year-old Kimberly, but the name definitely feels dated to me. Usable, but kind of a "mom name." (Just like how I know several women my age named Nancy, but I would probably expect someone with that name to be a generation older.)

I definitely find it dated. I grew up in the 80's and it was hugely popular. It sort of falls into the Jennifer, Lauren sort of category for me. Fine names but I automatically think 80's.
    Mama to twin boys Oliver Graham and Luke Axel

I like the name, even though I associate it with the 70's and 80's. I like the nickname Kimber much better than Kimmy or Kim.

Kimberly is deffinetly dated, at least to me. I get a vibe of the seventies or eighties, and I strongly dislike the nickname Kimi. One of my old friends (who I no longer spend time with) was named Kimberly, and she insisted she go by Kimi. I found her extremely spoiled and self-centered, so that also affects how I view the name. But overall: yes, it's dated.
    -Athena
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Kimberly still shows up on Top 100 lists, which boggles my mind because the first Kimberlys that were born in the '60s are starting to become grandmothers. I think it can still work as long as you call her Kimberly and not Kim (which is very much a middle-aged name).