Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Back to the drawing board......

Some of you have been following my process naming the characters in my novel about the Ditchburn siblings. Thank you for all the input so far. And thank you for bearing with my indecisiveness.

Good news! I have named the Ditchburn siblings.
    Sister (Main Character): Shannon Ditchburn
    Older Brother: Luke Ditchburn
    Younger Brother: Andrew "Drew" Ditchburn

Now I can focus on Shannon's long-time lover. Early on, he doesn't play a huge role in the plot, but I am writing a series, and his character will be of great importance later on. Personally, Luke Ditchburn doesn't have a problem with his sister's boyfriend, but he thinks she can do better. Drew, however has a problem with him and it involves fighting in the school yard, drunken brawls, etc. Shannon is drawn to (insert name) because he doesn't judge and accepts her for who she is. He also doesn't ask a lot of questions about Shannon's job and why she is out of town all the time. I won't say what the Ditchburn's do as it will spoil the plot.

To recap what I vision the boyfriend to look like: http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/...sBoyfriend.jpg

He is 6’3” tall with a solid build. He has green/hazel kind eyes and dark chestnut brown hair. He has an thin oval-shaped face and is rarely clean shaven. He is soft spoken, a lover not a fighter but if threatened he can defend himself. He is easy-going. He works/runs his deceased father’s logging company. He’s not well educated, but is a hands-on type of guy. He’s a morning person, a tea drinker, and he enjoys hunting and fishing. He’s rarely seen not wearing work boots or a bandana. He's patient, committed, and passionate.

*He drives a big, black pickup truck.
    *Often goes commando.
    *Gone With The Wind is one of the books on his night side table.
    *He and Shannon were once kicked out of a hotel room because the guest next door phoned in three noise complaints. This is also one of his most embarrassing moments.
    *He is blackened with the guilt of his father’s death. He hasn’t been able to look his mother in the eye since. He blames himself because he was late for work the morning his father died.
    *After his father died, he started to have vivid dreams about the death of complete strangers.
    *Some of the towns people have low expectations of him because his father (who I have yet to name) was a trouble maker.

I wanted to go with Lee, but another one syllable "L' name is not an option.

Bo Jarvis is growing on me, but I'm still not sure.

Other Surnames I Like:
    Timmins, Jarrett, Jennings, Watkinson, Rutledge, Thornton, Chambers, Colson, Crowley

more surnames here....http://names.mongabay.com/data/1000.html

Some Name Options: In no special order
    CameronCam
    Thomas "Tommy"
    Peter "Pete"
    Curtis "Curt"
    William "Will"
    Jason "Jace"
    Christopher "Chris"
    Benjamin "Ben"
    Gregory "Greg"
    Timothy "Tim"
    Teague
    Cale
    Gage
    Judd....Judd Thornton sounds cool.
    Wade
    Stone
    Clint
    Jake
    Mitch
    Brad
    Mark
    Brian
    Travis
    Trevor
    Gary
    Henry
    Tyler
    Jamie
    Henley
    Kyle

Would love to hear any name combos or suggestions.

Thanks
    Last edited by crissy76; June 17th, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

Good morning fellow berries. I've been busy overnight. I'm so bad at pickin' surnames. Do any of these work? Feel free to mix n' match all you want and tell me which ones are horrible.

Wade Colson
    Jake Emerson
    Brad Watkinson
    Gary Jennings
    Cale Rutledge
    Ben Chambers
    Chris Willis
    ThomasTommy” Paulson
    CurtisCurtHamlin
    WilliamWillJensen
    WilliamWill” Cochrane
    JamesJamieFenton
    JamesJimmyMcLeod
    JeffreyJeffThurston
    TimothyTimFlint
    Peter "Pete" Currier
    JasonJace” Westfall or just Jason Westfall
    Kyle Chisholm
    Brian McCurdy
    Henry Aiken
    Mark Cotter
    Trevor Keck
    Travis Kemper
    Clint Gilbertson
    Craig Gilbertson
    Mitch Peterman
    Tyler Withrow

One of my favorites is Jason Westfall.
    Last edited by crissy76; June 18th, 2012 at 07:53 AM.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

Evan sprang to mind immediately - Evan Chambers

Or maybe Samuel (Sam) or Adrian.

I like Evan Chambers. I'll add it to the list.

Sam would work, but I want to stay away from an 'S' name because of Shannon. Adrian has always been a favorite of mine, but I'm thinking it might be a little to exotic for this character. I think for it to work it would have to be paired with a very plain surnams to lower the allure just a little.

Some more options:
    James “Jimmy” Beaudry
    Tanner Gracie
    Jeremy Niffin
    Ainsley Reynolds
    Jamie Morrison
    Last edited by crissy76; June 18th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I have images online of what I think each character should look like. My aunt and sister stopped by this morning and think my male charactesr look too much alike. Therefore, I am going to change how Shannon's boyfriend looks. Nothing has changed for his personality. Now he looks a little harder on the outside.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/...Boyfriend1.jpg
    http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/...Boyfriend2.jpg
    http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/...Boyfriend3.jpg

Now, along with a name, I need to decide on long hair or short hair. He looks like a young Brad Pitt, but when I look at him I see a Curtis "Curt" especially with the long hair. Curtis "Curt" Jensen or Jennings.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-